Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My first sporter project

GunnerHAF

It will shoot under an inch when I do my part.The rifle shoots better than I do. I put a Shilen #3 barrel on it and coated everything with Brownells teflon/moly flat black baked on finish. And yes this is very addictive. I just got a barrel in from ER Shaw for My M24 project that I'm building in 6.5x55 Sweed.

If it's really your first sporter,your off to a hell-uva start! That jewelling looks nice.One hum-dinger of a rifle you built there Gunner.That's 2 finished rifles to look at this morning,Swamp Things and yours,and I've noticed a couple new names.Things are picking up.Thanks for the picture GunnerHAF. Jerry

No Jerry this one I bent and forged myself. P/U a wheeler bolt forging block and heat sink of ebay a while back. If you could see the rifle closer there are a few things I could have done better, especially in the inletting and glass bedding of the action and barrel. I guess that will come with more practice.

Yes I did that too thanks to Steve Wagner's web sight. I built the jig just like he explaned it, and used my drill press a little patiance and time, presto i had a jeweld bolt and bolt release spring. Needless to say this project took me about a year to finish, but I just about got the rifle I wanted.