Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Pics Of My 2 Projs.

ahoyza

Hi,

I have talked about my 95 chilean on this forum before, and you folks have offered gret advice to help me get it accurate. Now comes getting it comfy. I'm working on a boyds stock. Which part acts as a recoil lug?

Next project is to create a mauser scout using my vz-24 action and possibly the barrell. Man it is old but I LOVE that action! I want to keep the straight bolt and utilize stripper clips. At this point I can't hit JACK with that rifle, any ideas on an easy scope mount just to see what she will group? Later I plan to get an XS Clifton scout mount, or fabricate one from the rear sight sleeve.

Well I promised pics from some time so here goes:

post-6304-0-30948000-1353809027_thumb.jpg

post-6304-0-92627800-1353809062_thumb.jpg

post-6304-0-97889700-1353809095_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I dunno why the pics only show when you sign in, anyway sign in and you can see them.

Iv'e just about got the 95 chilean roughed into the boyd's stock.

Seems most people go from inletting to finishing, does anyone test fire an unfinished stock on a rifle to test functionality first?

-ahoyza

ps I answered my own question about the recoil lug. It's the recoil lug, which doubles as the front screw receiver.