Military Firearm Restoration Corner
Sign in to follow this  
donmarkey

Last Chance For Comment And Suggustions

Alright I think I have it where I want it. Hopefully I'll have time to do the final sanding and dewhiskering in the next couple days so I can start the finishing this weekend.

-Don

stockhelp020.jpg

stockhelp019.jpg

Don, That's super! Looks much better IMHO. Great job!

Looks real nice Don. Hope I can do as good some day.

How many hours do you think you will have in the completed rifle?

Kenny

Looks real nice Don. Hope I can do as good some day.

How many hours do you think you will have in the completed rifle?

Kenny

I wouldn't even want to guess. Other than the stock, I surface ground the action, opened up the bottom metal to 3.40 and fit with a straddle plate and custom release and recontoured the bow. The bolt was done by tanglewood for trade and I know he had some hours in it. I fit the barrel and trued the receiver face, but still have to deepen the chamber. I recontoured the receiver tang and flared the raceway. I still need to finish polish the receiver and bolt, get them heat treated. I been working on it for over a year, but have been doing other projects as well, so it's hard to estimate the hours. One of these days I'll keep a log of a gun from start to finish and will probably be amazed and the time and money involved.

-Don

very nice, Don! i think you've done a wonderful job. if it were mine, i would round the fore end tip, but that's my preference. from where you started, you're 14 miles further down the road!

!!!! HOLY CHINGOUA !!!! Very nice Don, Very nice indeedy. Dave

From your words a "club" to a thing of beauty. A very handsome rifle sir.

Ron

Sign in to follow this