Military Firearm Restoration Corner
Sign in to follow this  
ken98k

Food Stamps

They must have had a good job before the recession to have aquired such good taste in food.

Any one that is eligable for food stamps can get a cell phone for 1.00 a month.

What? Lobster and steak!

Many times I have stood in grocery lines behind women (generally with a brood of snot nosed kids) who rummaged past the cigarettes in their purses to get to their Quest Card. Often they bought foods I can't afford.

I know... I'm just mean spirited.

Come to my part of the country and it is not uncommon to see well dressed, non English speaking people using a food stamp debit card then drive off in a new or nearly new SUV or pick-up. They are an annoyance, often holding up the checkout lane getting in disputes over non covered items like beer, wine, pet food, paper and soap products. More often than not. Have to wait for a translator to come speak with them. In convenience stores kids will load up with junk food like ice cream, pastries and candy and swipe the food stamp card. The kids are wise enough to know the rules and buy soda in containers because it is not covered if poured from the fountain. Likely the same kids that get two free meals a day at school.

Those non English speaking people certainly know how to work the system, and raising the next generation of entitlement demanding children. Maybe the pseudo-president can develop a beer card for his thirsty amigos.

Spiris

No one minds giving a hand to someone till they get back on their feet.

But that is a dam crime.

Uh..Hold on...a "beer card"??? Well now the need for social justice...: )

Karl