• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Surplus

Surplus
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

Hi to all,

My gunsmith in Idaho stopped working due to health problems, he made several great projects for me.

I have a couple of projects that I would like done, a Mauser 98 action with a Sarco Swedish 8mm bull barrel, a Mauser 93 action (Brazil) to rebarrel with a Chilean 7mm barrel and two Argentine Mauser 1891 actions to rebarrel with un-issued carbine length 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser barrels.

If you know of a good gunsmith in the area or of another one out of state that would take work, would appreciate your help.

Regards

Surplus

#2 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:28 AM

Go to the members list and send Z1R a message. I'm sure he can help you out.

#3 tanglewood16137

tanglewood16137
  • Admin
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

Mike Z1r has let his licence pass and has quit smithing sadly   He and i are good friends actually he called and we were taling last night

#4 brokengun

brokengun
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:13 PM

Z1 used to share his work on Mauser Central he was a great gunsmith. Sad to he is no longer doing work.

#5 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:26 PM

To bad he got out of The smithing business, he was a walking talking encyclopedia on Mausers

#6 tanglewood16137

tanglewood16137
  • Admin
  • 635 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

for me  i can call him anytine for advice  was a blast to have he and his 2 sons come east to pa. and spend a week deer hunting 3 years ago with hs youngest going home with a monster 6 point 19" spread

#7 brokengun

brokengun
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

for me  i can call him anytine for advice  was a blast to have he and his 2 sons come east to pa. and spend a week deer hunting 3 years ago with hs youngest going home with a monster 6 point 19" spread

Tanglewood can you see if Z1 would be willing to start posting and sharing his vast wealth of knowledge on this site especially since Mauser central is toast. 

This site can become a beacon for Mauser rifle owners. 

#8 Dr.Hess

Dr.Hess
  • Admin
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

Also, maybe he knows a local gunsmith for Surplus to use.

#9 tanglewood16137

tanglewood16137
  • Admin
  • 635 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

mauser  central ia alive under a new name mausercentral.net now

#10 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 4,845 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

Racked my brain but can't recall the name. Anybody remember the gunsmith in Grants Pass Oregon that occasionally posted here?? He was recommended by the member that operated Sporter Express selling Mauser barrels. I believe Sporter Express changed the name, got out of the Mauser business and got into selling AR accessories.

EDIT: Tried opening up Sporter Express' website as shown in his member profile. Two attempts failed.

#11 brokengun

brokengun
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

Sporter Express went out of business several years ago. I personally thought it was a great loss

#12 Semi nut

Semi nut
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:21 PM

Racked my brain but can't recall the name. Anybody remember the gunsmith in Grants Pass Oregon that occasionally posted here?? He was recommended by the member that operated Sporter Express selling Mauser barrels. I believe Sporter Express changed the name, got out of the Mauser business and got into selling AR accessories.
EDIT: Tried opening up Sporter Express' website as shown in his member profile. Two attempts failed.

If you are thinking of Mark Skaggs, I wouldn't sent an pop gun to him. Long story, but he ship my rifle back in an cardboard box after sending them is an long case. Welded the wrong handles on the two action I sent to him, if he had reversed the handles then, it would be right. Take way to long when he said only three month. Took over 14. Then when you complain about those issue he'll call you ever name in the book.

Rob

#13 Semi nut

Semi nut
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:26 PM

There is an few smiths around that you can send things to and there is an few other place to send parts to. I send Skip Baldwin an few barrels to be rethreads and an few bolt handles done. He may take awhile but he'll get the job done right. Never dealt with the guy on fleabay on the bolts.

Rob

#14 Semi nut

Semi nut
  • Members
  • 899 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:30 PM

http://www.baldwinboltjeweling.com

#15 donmarkey

donmarkey
  • Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 PM