Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ati Stock

spec4 e4

I have been messing with an ATI stock for my Yugo M48 project. I hate that thing right now. I have been bedding an front spacer in it to keep it from damaging the stock. Last one I tighten it to tight and damage the stock. Not an very happy camper. When I done, I moved to the back next week. I will be using an brass fitting for that one. I used an old rear tang stock spacer for the front. I also plug up the two holes in the front and when I do the back of the action inletting I will do the back two screw holes. Then I will take that thing to Line-X to be coat with the bed lining.

spec.4

They told me $25.00 to do the whole rifle stock. After I get the stock done and the barrel action done, I will be using an winter pattarn from Duracoat. Also be on the scope as well.

I just took off the action from the stock looking good. But part of the bedding came off. I guest that I did not rough up the area that it came off. I rough up the area where the new spacer went and it looks Great

Do I have to rough it up?

spec.4

Got the front action screw down, now working the rear action screw bushing. Then I will rebed the action to the stock. I found out that the ATI stock need to be scratch up alittle for the bedding to stick to it.

spec.4

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I finished the action spacers. God, the stock needed them, the plastic got crushed when I bear down on the screws. I got the front ring and rear tang bedded. Now I am filling in the forearm with DevCon Plastic welder, I fill in the webbing with cotton balls. Hope that help with the holes. I will found out in about two hours. I even die it to black.

spec.4