M39 Re-barrel

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

Here the story I picked up a M39 Fin rifle, barrel was corroded, and stock was broken so I decided to make a fin sniper/target rifle but only modern.
I contacted lother walther and had them make me a barrel 27 inch target 11 degree crown chambered in original 7.62x54 R, the barrel is long chambered, I thread the barrel to 16 tpi / 60 degree as original, the made the extractor cut and shell lip with a dermal, worked well.

I made a receiver mandrill out of bar stock on the lathe then trued the receiver witch was almost perfect in the first place; fins did a hell of a job.

Ordered a tiger wood tacdriver stock from Richards micro fit gun stocks. http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

Ordered Scope mount, Allen screws, side safety and pillars from ken at Rock Solid Ind http://rocksolidind.com/products.html.

Getting a hubber trigger from Tennessee Gun Parts http://www.tngunparts.com.

I mounted the Scope mount and glass bed it for further stabilization, it did not need it but I figured why not, it is a solid mount with the side locking screw, well made, I cannot say enough about this mount so far it is the best aftermarket mount I have seen oe tried for a M39/91 it Rocks, no pun intended smile.gif.

I lapped the lugs by cutting and old barrel butting a spring in the chamber and half a shell casing to push against the bolt.

I mounted a Falcon Optics Merlin 10x42T Tactical Rifle Scope, I got from Mel at Sniper central for $280.00
http://www.snipercen....com/falcon.htm

This scope to me is on par with the Super sniper I like the turret adjustments and retical better and it comes with side focus for less the super sniper.
So now I am waiting for the stock from Richards It cost me $225.00 for the 1 inch pad and 1 inch barrel channel

mount is great I glass bed it , it is solid as advertised

scope from sniper central Merlin Falcon

the stock is tacdriver tigerwood from richards micro fit, will be here in a week or so, also got some other parts coming from Rock Soild Ind: bolt handle, side safety and pillers as well as alan bolts

Stock is simular to this but tiger wood

#2 montea6b

montea6b
  • Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hey Sniper, I take it you are back stateside? If so, welcome home! Good to have you back cranking out sporters to inspire the lethargic ones like me. (not really lethargic, just too busy with life to devote the time I'd like to my hobby)

#3 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE(montea6b @ Mar 29 2007, 10:12 PM) View Post
Hey Sniper, I take it you are back stateside? If so, welcome home! Good to have you back cranking out sporters to inspire the lethargic ones like me. (not really lethargic, just too busy with life to devote the time I'd like to my hobby)

thanks yep IMMMMMMM Baccckkkk

getting settled

#4 bubbamauser

bubbamauser
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:29 PM

i've read alot of your old posts nice work look forward to seing more

Roy

#5 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

here are a few more projects i am working on
I am working on new projects and one that has been going for a while
308 Mauser 98, Receiver true, lugs lapped, glass bed, barrel floated, kreiger barrel, Boyds stock not finnished yet, scope is S2 Sightron

308 mauser 98, Receiver true, lugs lapped, glass bed, barrel floated, P&H 20 inch barrel i cut and recrowned, Boyds stock not finnished yet, scope is Nimrod

Savage 2506, Receiver true, lugs lapped, glass bed, barrel floated

m1 garand scout is done

rem 700 added LTR barrel and comp stock, Receiver true, lugs lapped, glass bed, barrel floated, scope is Burris

Savage 300WSM, Receiver true, lugs lapped, glass bed, barrel floated, scope is LUPY M4, Barrel is SS 27 inch

also this 270 from a turk I am making for my brother it is using a houge stock

#6 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

and ofcourse my trade mark, socks in picture

#7 gun nutty

gun nutty
  • Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

Side safety?

#8 strait shooter

strait shooter
  • Members
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:I love what all rednecks love. Guns, Food, Fishing, Country music,T.C.O.B, My family and kids, and mainly keeping the government wondering what your up to.

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:53 PM

laugh.gif mr. sniper, some mighty fine lookin' firearms ifin' ya ask me. makes me wanna go out an' make something else now. maybe I'll build a 30-30 over and under with a 300win mag on the bottom. huh.gif what do ya think? Dave tongue.gif

#9 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(strait shooter @ Mar 30 2007, 06:53 PM) View Post
laugh.gif mr. sniper, some mighty fine lookin' firearms ifin' ya ask me. makes me wanna go out an' make something else now. maybe I'll build a 30-30 over and under with a 300win mag on the bottom. huh.gif what do ya think? Dave tongue.gif

hell why not, i am always looking for something different smile.gif

#10 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:45 PM

yes sir side safety I will show you when the project is done
I have been purchasing equipment from Rock Solid IND they are getting me this stuff for my project great folks, http://rocksolidind.com/
you figure I bought the barrel from LW in germany, and scope from UK through Sniper Central and the stock from Richards but Scope Mount, alan bolts to replace the original, side safety and re-welded bolt handle all from Ken at rock soild

#11 Jimro

Jimro
  • Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

Welcome back stateside, having fun out at Ft. Irwin?

Good looking Nagant, I can't wait to get back to WA to finish up some of my projects...

Jimro

#12 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE(Jimro @ Mar 30 2007, 08:29 PM) View Post
Welcome back stateside, having fun out at Ft. Irwin?

Good looking Nagant, I can't wait to get back to WA to finish up some of my projects...

Jimro

no Fort Irwin in a word SUCKS! but hell gota do wat you gota do

#13 strait shooter

strait shooter
  • Members
  • 582 posts
  • Interests:I love what all rednecks love. Guns, Food, Fishing, Country music,T.C.O.B, My family and kids, and mainly keeping the government wondering what your up to.

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

fmsniper, I gotta 243 bullbarrel with 6-24,50ao ya might like to shoot sometime. dave

#14 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(strait shooter @ Mar 30 2007, 09:22 PM) View Post
fmsniper, I gotta 243 bullbarrel with 6-24,50ao ya might like to shoot sometime. dave

your here in Cali

#15 strait shooter

strait shooter
  • Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:09 PM

laugh.gif sure am. We live in Woodland. I gotta go repair my radiator in the taurus tomorrow, sunday i gotta put my little girl's truck on the dyno, has misfires. if ya want you can email me from my profile. Dave

#16 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE(strait shooter @ Mar 30 2007, 11:09 PM) View Post
laugh.gif sure am. We live in Woodland. I gotta go repair my radiator in the taurus tomorrow, sunday i gotta put my little girl's truck on the dyno, has misfires. if ya want you can email me from my profile. Dave

how far are you from the mojave desert fort irwin

#17 usmc0332

usmc0332
  • Members
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Guns, hunting, shooting, fishing, camping, street bikes

Posted 31 March 2007 - 07:56 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I have been looking forward to seeing more of those pics with socks in them. Good stuff. Glad you are back. Thanks for your service.

#18 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(usmc0332 @ Mar 31 2007, 08:56 PM) View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I have been looking forward to seeing more of those pics with socks in them. Good stuff. Glad you are back. Thanks for your service.

I knew some one would miss the socks, tongue.gif, looking forward to puttin lead down range as soon as I get this one up and running

#19 fmsniper

fmsniper
  • Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:35 PM

I am back on line finally now I can get back to work ........

#20 karlunity

karlunity
  • Admin
  • 4,473 posts
  • Interests:The United States
    History
    Old firearms

Posted 11 April 2007 - 02:45 PM

Welcome back to the world.
I look forward to reading about how the Finn shoots.

Karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users