Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Novak Sight Replacement On Sig C3 Question

rdm1962

I have been doing some "upgrades" to my Sig Sauer C3 1911. So far I cleaned up the gritty trigger and installed a ambi safety. The next thing I need to do is install a set of Tritum sights. The rear looks to be straight forward. It has a set screw in a dove tail slot. The front has a roll pin. It runs through the sight and all the way through the slide. I ordered a set of roll pin punches along with the replacement sights from Brownells. If the smallest punch is still to big for the pin then what. How hard is it to drill out a roll pin? If I have to drill it should the new one be lock-tighted in place? Any one have any have a better idea than drilling? Thanks Ralph

My order from Brownells arrived yesterday. It contained a set of roll pin punches, Novak Trijacon sights and a Kickeez recoil pad. Yep a 1/16th. worked. The front sight slid rite out when the pin was driven out. I have to do some major fitting to get the new one in installed. The rear was held in place with a set screw. I had to drift it out when the screw was loosened.. The new sight just slid in place. Now all that remains is the get to the range and dialed it in. Ralph