Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Gunshow Find

ken98k

No plastic there. Very nice. Looks like it's got a lot of history. I like that it's not to shiny. Gun show will be here at the Lane County Fairgrounds April 13. I'm hoping to be able to go just for the eye candy.

Actually, the grip is a one piece wrap-around type, made of an early hard rubber/plastic.

Yeah, Mauser made lots of stuff. I bet there is some serious odd-ball stuff floating around Alaska.

I have a couple of micrometers that were made by Mauser.

I also have 2 each 1871 and 71/84 Mauser rifles that I'm trying to sell. :)

It's a model 1910. Built between 1910 and 1934

Caliber 6.35mm (25acp)

About 5 years ago my wife picked one up for me exactly like it at a yard sale for a only 35 bux!! The seller claimed it didn't work but I've put apx a dozen rds through it without a hick-up. Mine has a small piece missing from the Bakelite grip by the safety. If I recall the facts correctly the wrap around wood grips were only on the 32 ACP commercial version.

Production of the pistol stopped prior to WW2 but there are Nazi marked, military issue holsters and mags for both the 25 and 32's that were popular with German pilots. The Mauser pistols, again if I recall the facts correctly. Were issued to Nazi party members and Hitler's Brown Shirts prior to Hitler taking control of the govt.

Yeah, Mauser made lots of stuff. I bet there is some serious odd-ball stuff floating around Alaska.

Their most popular pistol, the so-called Broom Handle. Although it carried the Mauser name it was designed and the prototype built without their employer's knowledge by Mauser brother's employees.

If you ever get a chance to see Tales of the Gun on the History Channel. Their show on Mauser shows all the products Mauser made after WW1. Until recently I had the entire series recorded but lost it when my satellite box took a dump.

I had a Mauser micrometer from the tools I inherited from my uncle. I gave it to Z1R, a serious hard-core Mauser collector.