Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Machine Gun Meet Video

FC

Friends and I planned once to attend several years ago but I had to back out due to medical problems. At the time one of my friends had 3 legal Class 3 weapons. One guy that was going to tag along with his Thompson also backed out after having a heart attack. He passed away last year and his son sold it along with custom Violin case, 50rd drum and several mil-surp stick mags for $40,000. Might have even been 45. Not sure as his mother was in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease. His son later sold a 100rd drum. Not sure what he got but his Shotgun News ad was asking 1,999.00. He had several other T-Gun collector's items he was asking and probably got a small fortune for. Having fired several MG's in my life, the T-Gun by far sent the biggest thrill up my leg.

Had I listened to my friends back in the early 70's. I'd be enjoying a comfortable retirement. Back then a clean T-gun started at about $400 for the military version and $5-600 for the civilian model with the Cutts Compensator. H&R Resings started at about $175-200 and often came with spare barrels. WW2 German so-called Burp-guns and even shoulder stocked full-auto Broom handles were all in the 350- 1,000 range. My life's priorities at the time were fast, attractive cars and pussy.

From what I've been told by MG shooters and collectors. There are many Congressman that are active MG shooters is the only reason they are still legal in many states. Since the Federal Firearms Act 1933. There has only been one violent crime committed with a legally owned MG and that incident was a policeman.