Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Brazilian 1908 Is Done! Almost! And It Works!

8uck5nort

Been working on this one for a while. About 3 years. I just added a nice leather sling which is not in the pictures. Been doing load development and am fairly pleased so far. Several loads including two commercial rounds have produced 1 inch or slightly smaller groups at the 100 yard mark.

Here are the final specs:

Adams and Bennet F54 contour barrel in 7x57

Boyds factory second stock. Has some knots on bottom of Buttstock which was no big deal. Trimmed in Gaboon Ebony grip and for end cap.

Limbsaver g2f pad. Uncle Mikes swivel and studs. I just need a checkering job done. I have not decided on if it will be a DIY or send out to a qualified checkerer. I am leaning towards getting a dem-bart starter kit in 18 lpi, but don't know if I can wait another 3 years to actually finish it. <_<

Winchester style safety. Reforged bolt. Timney trigger. Gibbs 3 round detach magazine. Duracoat in my own proprietary Stainless Steel/Matte Black mixture to cut glare.

Forgotten name brand picatinny/weaver scope bridge which I laser leveled and aligned with bore then semi permanently cold welded onto recierver to stiffen and strengthen it. Thus the drop out Gibbs mag. Weaver quad locks for the mild recoil and finally a new Bushnell Banner dusk til dawn scope 4-12x40/AO. Rifle is a little on the heavy side coming in at just under 9 lbs so I may swap the sope around to a lighter one for carrying. She makes a nice bench rifle. I like a little heft when I shoot to cut the recoil down. Might not appreciate that after humping it up and down the mountains chasing elk if I ever get the chance. Who am I kidding I would love that problem. :)

Be a good blind gun for antelope or deer though.

8uck5nort.

post-5537-0-70882700-1371149597_thumb.jpg

post-5537-0-09042600-1371149696_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...