Military Firearm Restoration Corner

P-47 & B-17 Color Clips

FC

Great Videos!! About 15 or so years ago the Confederate Air Force flew over Phoenix in a publicity stunt to promote an upcoming air show. Fortunately they flew nearly right over my house. Flying at a low altitude the engine noise from the single B-17 was so loud I could feel the vibrations in my feet. I just can't begin to imagine the fear of the populace as large numbers of B-17's flew over their city. Frightening or scared shootless would be an under statement.

About a mile or so behind the B-17 were several US, German and a couple of Japanese fighters. I found out a few days later the Japanese planes were actually restored US planes. I can't recall the type or model numbers. The Jap planes were given a paint job with the red circle insignia for a movie. According to the newspaper article the movie producer was unable to find any restored or flying WW2 Japanese fighter aircraft.

That first one is probably the best clip I've ever seen. It was like being there!

I was driving through east TX once and two Jap planes flew over me!

A bomber pilot once told me that he lost a lot of hearing from the plane noise. He also mentioned the bitter cold up in the air.