Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Should I Trade? Jc Higgins Model 50 For S&w M-19

AzRednek

I'm having a kid in a candy store crisis!! Can't make up my mind. I have an offer of a late 60 or early 70's S&W Model 19-2 357. It is the older pin barrel version with the recessed cylinders. I have plenty of 30/06's but the FN manufactured Higgins Model 50 is my favorite. Since an article about The Sears' JC Higgins Model 50 appeared in Guns N Ammo mag. Their value has increased considerably and they are easily fetching 500+ on Gunbroker. Money wise we are about equal. My declining health has put the brakes on any serious hunting but the Higgins with its chrome lined bore is just a sweet shooter. Either way I'm going to regret it as I have a real fondness of pin barreled Smith and Wessons but I know I'll never find another deal on a Higgins Model 50. Whatcha guys think??

I feel your pain. Around here, the Model 19 in really nice condition would be worth more than the Higgins. It pretty much depends on whether you want the revolver badly enough to part with the Higgins.

• 2 weeks later...