Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Can You Identify This One?

Clemson

I've had three CZ pistols but am down to one now. My 32 ACP had a weak mag spring and the last round rarely came out without a bit of help. Outside of the 32's problem my other CZ's, 9X18 CZ 82's never had as much as a hick-up. Between the one I currently have and the other I horse traded away. I have fired apx 6-700 rds including hand loaded, home cast lead the naysayers claim wont work in the poly rifling. The CZ82 is my current car gun because of the dependable reliability, and 14 rd mag capacity. If I forget to bring it in and it is stolen I'm not out the big bucks. I got the 82's a few years ago from J&G when they cost out the door with sales tax and no shipping less than 200. J&G is now getting about 250 for the 82's and last time I looked the 52's were all gone.

You might want to do some net surfing. Seems to me I recall the 52 likes to eat firing pins but I may have it mixed up with another CZ model. The 762X25 is really an under rated cartridge. It does not shoot a large or heavy slug but the velocity is near that of a 357. I never shot a CZ52 but do recall seeing a shooter at the range with one. It appeared to have a surprisingly loud report and a daytime in the shade visible muzzle flash.

• 4 weeks later...