Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Herb Alpert's Whipped Cream Lady

FC

Yep, always like his music. IIRC his first hit was the first 45 I ever bought. "The Lonely Bull" I also like his earlier stuff with the "Baja Mirimba Band"

The Whipped Cream cover does bring back memories for sure. Man she was HOT!!!!

I saw him perform live at the Arizona State Fair about 65. Even as a young teen into surf music. Jan and Dean, Beach Boys, The Rip Cords etc. I was some what mesmerized with Herb Alpert's music especially after hearing the female vocalist do her one line in the Lonely Bull. I also fondly remember Herb Alpert doing Al Hirt's big hit, Cotton Candy. He did a better job of it. Prior to seeing him if anybody had asked me who did The Lonely Bull I would have said the Ventures.

After reading this thread I had to go look on You Tube. Good but not anywhere near as good seeing them live. When I saw them live the female vocalist was a tall beautiful Mexican woman that did a lot of Spanish dancing on the stage. In a way she almost stole the show as some of her moves drew applause in the middle of a song. Below is a medley done for the BBC.