Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Something Is Odd At Cheaper Than Dirt

karlunity

I was going to order my 1911 at cheaper than dirt..but

They will not take a phone order on firearms and I won't put my vista on the net, nor will they let me pay for it by check. That is odd as they can hold the check till it clears.

Guess i will just have to hit the gun shops or gunshows

karl

No idea. However, I have found that when a company makes a change like that, it is usually because they were getting ripped off. I just went around with verizon on getting an online account set up. They insist on IM'ing you the temp password. Well, if you don't have IM, then what?

No idea. However, I have found that when a company makes a change like that, it is usually because they were getting ripped off. I just went around with verizon on getting an online account set up. They insist on IM'ing you the temp password. Well, if you don't have IM, then what?

I'm quite happy with Google Voice.

You can set up a free virtual phone number that can be forwarded to any phone. Through the web interface, you can send and receive text messages.

I still cannot see the logic of it.

as to their fear of being ripped off, well THEY get to hold my check till it clears and the funds are in their account.

As to amounts, while it is true that the guns they sell go for a few hundred to a few grand, they take phone orders on other things and as we know, you can run up a tab for a grand or three, with ease over scopes and gear and ammo. Those they will sell you over the phone or take a check for.

Still their firm ...their rules.

I will find another place to shop.

karl