Military Firearm Restoration Corner

J&g Has Mausers

AzRednek

The price of milsup rom 8mm ammo is mind blowing ...in a very bad way.

I remember buying that tin of ammo for 80 bucks and free shipping from aim and thinking it twice what I had paid in 07.

karl

What ever happened to the $20 cracked stock Mausers we used to get? I used to get them 5 at a time and they were just crusty enough that you didn't feel bad making a sporter out of them. Got a few nice ones over the years that were too nice to tear apart, so I do have a few examples of those.

From the photo the rifles appear to be actual large ring, standard length mausers. mostly all I see lately are intermediate length Yugo's.

I would advise anyone contemplating any future project, buy one or two of these. I don't believe they'll ever be cheaper.

Prices are returning to the 80's.

Before the USSR fell, in the 80's mausers were about 500 as were SKS's

We were lucky boys.

karl

Even worse remember when class 3 weapons were affordable. In the late 70's friends in my shooting circle insisted one among us was taken when he shelled out a grand for a nearly mint Thompson. The consensus among all of us was 500 and maybe 650-700 for an extremely nice one. After my friend passed away a couple years ago his son sold the Tommygun for $45,000.