Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another C&R question

TLynn

manureman

(6/18/05 8:34)

Reply Another C&R question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually have a copy of my C&R with me in case I come across something I want ,well a few days ago I bought a 09 Argie at a show I stumbled onto and didn't have a copy with me so I just filled out the yellow copy and bought it,do I need to log this any where since I didn't buy it on my license.Thanks Jim

OldgrandpainMI

(6/18/05 9:34)

Reply reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think you have to enter it into you A&D if your FFL was not used, but you should keep your copy of your yellow sheet to prove the transaction was outside the bounds of your FFL. It is a good idea to keep an inventory of ALL of your weapons that were aquired outside the FLL for audit purposes anyway. Personally, I would, just to save any hassels!

OGPIM

mod70

(6/18/05 12:49)

ezSupporter

Re: reply

I have never been given a copy of the yellow sheet.

manureman

(6/18/05 19:18)

Reply Re: reply

Same here .Jim

Mausermeister

(6/18/05 20:25)

ezSupporter

Re: reply

It doesn't matter whether you used your license to purchase it or not. The rules say you must log any C&R eligible firearm you acquire while you hold a valid license. It must be logged into your bound book.

------------------------------------------------------

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

Vladymere gr

Administrator

(6/18/05 20:34)

Yes, you need to enter this rifle in to your bound book.

All c&r aquisitions, regardless of how obtained, must be entered in your book while you are in posession of a license.

All c&r firearms owned prior to obtaining your license need only be entered in to your book if you sell them. You would then show aquisition and disbursment on the same day with a not that it was owned prior to obtaining your license.

Vlad

SB48

(6/18/05 21:02)

I asked this question of the local ATF guys (Peoria, Ill.) and was told to log everything I own in my federal book. I'm a FFL holder and not a C&R, and don't know if there is a specific difference between these, with this instance? I'd probably ask the fed's and get what they say in writing, for later? Administrations and parties change in Washington so, be careful with what ever decisions you make and make sure you can back them up? Above all, protect yourself.

manureman

(6/18/05 22:18)

Thanks fellas thats the way I understood it to be but got to second guessing myself,to many irons in the fire and not enough hours in the day.Thanks again Jim

• 3 months later...