Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Gun season finally!

ChasMike

Well I went down this last weekend to bowhunt at the deer lease (didn't get anything) and wound up working on stands and such most of the time and only got to hunt once. I saw one really nice buck as I was going down to check one of my stands and on the way out I saw one of these just standing staring at me.

user posted image

I was completely caught off guard. I didn't know what it was until I got home and fired up my computer. This sheep was huge! Had a huge set of horns.

Several of the ranches near by have tall fences and exotics so we get a lot of Axis deer and an occasional Fallow deer passing thru our lease, but this was a first for me. If he passes by when I have a rifle in my hands, he is mine!

Yeap Tony it is a Mouflon sheep. They stock them on these high fence exotic hunting ranches (I use the word hunting very loosely here), and they escape on occasion.

Our deer lease is in Southwest Texas and the guy next door has one of these high fence game ranches. I must say it is really cool to be setting in your deer stand in South Texas and hear the Elk bugling in the distance.