Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Some Pics

z1r

Here are a few of mine.

This pic is of an M48-A that I restocked, rust blued, and fitted with a home made peep sight. A Swede 96 commercial in 8x57JS. A vz24 I made into a .308, a Mk X in .308, and a Husky M46 commercial in 9.3x57.

Next, a CZ452 .22LR, CZ 550 safari in .416 rigby with a Tom Burgess bolt handle ala Oberndorf magnum sporter, a Ruger M77 all weather in .223, Browning A-Bolt in .257 Roberts, and a CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39.

Next, some Marlins: An 1895 CB in .45-70, my first rifle, a Glenfield 30A in .30-30, and an 1894 in .44 magnum.

Next, a Mauser 1891 Carbine, an EAB falling block in .32 H&R magnum, and an original Trapdoor carbine that some one replaced the sights on, oh the horror. I can still get 1 inch groups with it at 100 yds with BP loads.

Next, a 98/22 I built with a .308 PH barrel, a Savage 10FP in .308, and a Ruger 10/22 Intl.

A Turk Sporter I made in .30-06.

A German Guild Gun in .30-06 but soon to be 9.3x62:

And a work in progress, a VZ24 in .30-06

And the stock for it's sister, an 8x68S on a 98/22 action, this one to have integrated scope bases.

Lastly for now, my first High Power rifle, a Rem 700 in .30-06, A K98k in 6mm Rem and another K98k in 6mm Rem. Both of which will be reworked in the spring.

That's all I had time to photograph.

You been busy Beau! Nice guns. The barrel swap will be a fitting compliment to the guild gun. My youngest son's 270 was built on a receiver I "rescued" from a old friend's collection of parts in a stripped and rusted condition. It was stamped 9.3 on the bottom but he had his heart set on a .270... oh the sacrifices we make for our kids! sad.gif

BTW - the only part on that receiver was a DS trigger kick-off. I don't like set triggers but with your penchant for classic Mausers you're welcome to it for an address to send it to... if I can still find it anyway, my parts bin is beginning to get as bad as where I found the receiver!

Thanks. If you have that part I'll take it, thanks. Never know when it could come in handy.

I'd like to see a pic of the .270.