Military Firearm Restoration Corner

They're Here !!

ChasMike

Well I used to have to go 5 miles or so down the road down on the Red River to go wild hog hunting, but they have found my place now and are coming by every few days and avenging the deaths of their family members.

I spotted 6 or seven here the other nite so I put out a trap in my yard. I've caught 1 so far. If that doesn't work I guess I will have to start blasting.

The moral of the story I guess is, if you hunt hogs, don't do it close to home. They will hunt you down if they can!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I keep reading what you guys say about these things. To folks like me it seems like it'd be neat to have a "new" game animal around, but then I see the destruction like you picture and realize there's a price. The National Geographic channel had a show on several times recently about "Hogzillia." In it they chronicle the history and spread of feral hogs. If they're right, they predict these things will be pretty much nation-wide in another twenty years or so.