Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Halloween

odies dad

"Business" was slow this year. Only had 4 kids stop by. There have been years when there were none but it seems like not as many kids were out this year around here. Now I have to eat all the extra candy. tongue.gif

I took the boys (2&3) out for the first time this year. Just to local friends and neighbors and of course to grandma and grandpa's.

So how many halloweeners do you folks usually get?

None. It is probably a good 5 minute walk up and down steep hills with no lights. Plus all the meth labs around, which typically don't like visitors. My wife bought some candy our first year here, but I knew there would be none.

Dr.Hess

When I first moved to this neighborhood a mere 4.5 years ago, a lot of the kids around here were small-ish, so there were quite a few trick-or-treaters out on Halloween. Well over 100 in those days.

This past Halloween we had 44.

Of course, it didn't help that all the people on this block now are either too stingy or whatever to give out candy. My next door neighbor, whom I have an awful relationship with never gives out candy, and I secretly detest her for that.

As I plan to move to a more rural setting this next spring, I think I will miss Halloween should where I live prove to have few trick-or-treaters. I'll miss it, but not too much!