Military Firearm Restoration Corner

1st MFRC shooting match rules!

z1r

Here are the official rules:

There are two catagories:

1) Scoped

2) Unscoped

Five shots per target - all shots must be identifiable no matter how many you shoot through the same hole! Shoot as many targets as you like but submit only ONE per category. Any caliber, any rifle, bench or off-hand, its your choice. Shots will be scored on the "best edge," so the bigger the holes the better!

We will use the MR31 target available here: MR31 Target

Please download this target in PDF format and print on 8.5"x11" paper.

Distance for THIS match will be 50 yards. Targets must be received by Nov. 30, 2005.

Thanks to Morgansboss for this great idea. And thanks to all who took the time to offer up suggestions, etc.

Morgans boss will be the official scorer. We will mail the Targets to him for scoring and he will post the scores.

Guest Guest_MorgansBoss_*

Targets to be received for scoring by Nov. 30, 2005.

(Future matches should allow for more time)

Mail to: MFRC postal match/17437 Taylors Landing Rd./Sharpsburg, MD. 21782

Scores will be posted here under the Range and Hunting catagory along with the next match announcement.

Good luck and THANKS to all who contributed to getting this thing off and running!

Guest Guest_MorgansBoss_*

BTW - Since we've adopted the target noted above, please note ON THE TARGET: your name, the rifle & caliber shot and the date shot. You can include the score if you like but the official score will still be up to me. biggrin.gif

FC and anyone else with additional suggestions - keep em coming and we will consider any additions/changes for future matches, but I really want to get on with this.

Targets are beginning to come in. Got some nice scores so far but its still wide open. Better get out to the range folks.

Please remember to include Caliber of rifle used. While we are shooting for score, I will use spread as a tie breaker if needed.

BTW - I will not disclose any scores until the match has ended, you're just gonna have to wait. tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...