Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I was had!!

AzRednek

Bad, bad day today!!

it started upon rising. Dr's office called me early waking me up. Young girl, kinda bitchy demanding I move up tomorrows appt today. Nope I said having to be in court to 86 a deadbeat. She asked, "can't you change it". Told her no, see you tomorrow and hung up. She immediately called back changing tomorrow's time to 11:30 with 10:15 check in time. I said do you mean 11:15 check in time. Very sternly she told me "no 10:15". I told her it only takes me 5 minutes to do the paperwork. She started with a lecture about Dr being busy with a tight schedule. I cut her off telling her I'm not covering up for her screw up. My previous appt was scheduled at the wrong facility and I still had appt card I showed Dr where she checked wrong box. My appt was originally scheduled today but apx two weeks ago via text message changed to tomorrow. She was apparently trying to cover her screw up. 

I crawled out of bed, grabbed a can of Starbucks, turned on Fox News and layed back down. I just got comfortable and the phone rang again. Put the just opened can on nightstand to grab phone. Have no idea how but my pillow stuck to my back just left to enough to knock the full can over. As I tried to keep my dog from licking up the mess. I saw it was her again on my caller ID. I let it go to voice mail and she didn't leave a message. 

Phone continued to ring as I was also getting calls from my deadbeat renter. He left sob story voice mail asking for more time. He's two months behind and March's rent due today. I continued to put up with annoying calls as they started coming from blocked numbers. 

Got to court only to discover the document prep service screwed up missing two forms. I also screwed up forgetting certified letter but I did have proof from precess server's receipt showing they were notified. The coward renter didn't have balls to show and sent in his new wife he just married 12/29. She claimed tearfully she wasn't aware rent hadn't been paid. I believe her but the judge dismissed it as she was named in summons with no-show husband. She begged not to have judgement on her credit rating but judge said he has no authority to change it. I told her we could end it if she paid the two months their behind and we'll make arrangements for March. She responded by breaking out n tears. 

Due to my screw ups I wasn't awarded any money but judge gave her five days to vacate. As I left court house I discovered her coward husband was waiting in parking lot. As him and his buddies stared me down. I went back inside and was accompanied by a Deputy to my car. I foolishly rented to this guy without a background check. Learned later he did time for homicide. We'll be back as judge left it open for another hearing for money owed and damage claims.

As I was headed home got text from my FFL telling me my AR arrived. Picked it up only to discover Grab-A-Gun broke it off in my ass. The Colt Scout model turned out to be made by Core!! Got home found the email ad only to discover the link was dead. Recalling getting another email the following day with the same "Colt" had a $50 increase. Sure enough link from email also dead. I checked various email from Grabagun in my trash file from both before and after and the links for other guns were still good. Might have been a harmless mistake by a data entry person but they obviously covered their tracks. Be honest I like it but it ain't a Colt. 

Untill this day is over I'm afraid to breathe or fart, what else could possibly go wrong, allergic pollen in the air or a surprise wet fart!! Sh!t happens but I got hammered today.

PS, just as I hit send for the previous post. My son called telling me our planned visit to see Milo tomorrow was just canceled. The unannounced venue location at the request of Scottsdale Police canceled due what was described as numerous credible death threats. Apparently some body with inside knowledge of the facility location must have tipped off a bunch of screwball lefties. Milo's previous visit back in October was also canceled. Not rescheduled this time Milo posted refunds are forthcoming. 

This keeps up I'm going to sleep.

The Milo, I won't attempt to spell his sur name, he's the gay conservative. His rally being canceled turned out to be a hoax. When Scottsdale Police attempted to investigate. There were no credible threats as originally reported by the venue's mgmt. A couple nights previously I attended an Adam Corolla/Dennis Prager event at Grand Canyon University. There were absolutely no problems, students were polite and I even got a thumbs-up from two students for my NRA t-shirt. GCU is a private but accredited university with a Christian following. 

After my fiasco with the medical appt especially being told to come in an hour fifteen early check in time. I gave Dr piece of my mind after arriving and seeng receptionists schedule. It was a printout with my name and birthdate handwritten in saying "work in to no shows". I didn't really think the Dr believed me. While I was in the recovery area following a spine injection. Dr walked in with the schedule in his hand and apologized profusely. He remarked about hearing similar complaints saying he was going to bring it up with his partners assuring me it won't happen again. Possibly its the fuzzy pill they gave me in recovery but it no longer bothers me. Have to admit I walked in with a heavy chip on my shoulder. 

Grabagun so far hasn't responded to my email complaint. If I don't get an answer I will be bending some ears on the phone Monday. 

• 2 weeks later...

No Doc, invoice said Core. I threw in the towel trying to get a call back. Between a bad cold and dealing with the roach, tick and bed bug infested rental just haven't had the time to give it any attention. Going to cost me thousands to clean up the mess. Never in my life could I imagine the filth they left and lived in. 

For the future if distributor sends the wrong item. The thing to do is refuse it from the FFL. FFL can negotiate a deal to keep or send it back. I took it home and didn't discover it untill the following day. I was had by Bud's a few years back. They sent wrong barrel length to the wrong FFL. I was so glad to get it after it was tracked down by FedX 30 or so days later. I took it despite the shorter barrel. I pestered Bud's demanding 20 bucks after the FFL fees were 40, my FFL charges 20. Bud's sent me a $20 coupon I have since misplaced. 

Oh well.  Chalk it up to experience, I guess.  I have only bought one gun via mail order.  The Desert Eagle set in 357MAG, 44MAG and 50AE.  I bought it on Gun Broker and had it sent to a nearby pawn shop that charged me $20. 

As for eBay, I've had two issues I can recall.  When I scrapped a MR2 and sold all the parts on eBay, I had one "buyer" (I use the term loosely) not pay.  That was before you could demand paypal and they had the option of mailing a check.  I think that headlight controller or motor is still on a shelf somewhere.  And when I was selling all the pieces left over from my Elise, I sold a key fob alarm remote, specifying that working condition was unknown as I had no way of testing it, no guarantee, sold as-is, worked 2 years before when I last had the car, with broken fob strap, pics, absolute auction, free shipping, no returns, etc.  Guy bought it then complained that it didn't work.  Emails went back and forth and I finally told him "You bought a used alarm remote, condition unknown, AS IS, no returns clearly stated in the description with a broken strap and you want to send it back to me for a refund?"  "Uh.  Yeah."  "I don't think so."  That was that.  I suggested a new battery and some contact cleaner spray and it would probably be just fine.

I had some problems selling used VW Beetle parts. Using the line I learned selling lanterns. "All parts are clandestinely marked". Stopped the cheapskates from returning their broken or damaged parts. Don't know how well it might work nowadays as PayPal takes the side of the buyer. They used to have a dispute resolution service, not sure if they still do. Few years ago a buyer burned me on a Sears marked holster. The buyer complained claiming misleading photos. PayPal immediately debited my account. For the 15 or 20 bucks I got for it. I just gave it up after I didn't get a response from buyer and PayPal just sent canned messages basically saying contact buyer and try to work it out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...