Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Western Pennsylvania Gunsmith oppertunity

tinkerfive

I was informed by my hunting buddy the other day that the gentleman at Economy Gunsmithing is wishing to retire and might I be interested in taking over the business.

My answer was 'no way'. Firstly my 40 hours a week "work" work-load is so heavy that they are constantly asking that we take over-time. Then plus things at home have gotten even busier. The end result being that I already have years worth of my own gunsmith projects without taking on others.

Then it occurred to me that several of my MFRC buddies are in other situations where they may have the time to get involved in such a venture. Maybe if one were to get the appropriate license and head up the venture he could sub out tasks as appropriate to others talents.

I'm referring to Economy Gunsmithing not as in 'cheap' gunsmithing but as in near Economy Pa.  I know that for several of my MFRC buddies that would be approximately an hour or less of a drive and maybe if they figured out how to split things up such that they didn't have to go in every day, that wouldn't be too bad of a deal.

You guys know who you are, talk amongst   yourselves. I'd just be interested to know if you what 'yuns' guys think about the idea.

Good luck!  If I were closer I would help you out. My long term plan is to be a custom part mfr, so if I can help you out in that respect let me know. I would be willing to give someone exclusive rights to any product I make for them and could supply items to you little to no cash up front for your stock. Most of the time my machines sit idle anymore. 

Don