Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Any Kerr rifle sling experts here??

AzRednek

I'm still wheeling-dealing for an M-1A. The FFL that deals almost exclusively with military arms has a nice M-1A with a match stainless barrel and a non working selector switch for decoration. He's interested in my H&R Leatherneck and 1917 Eddystone. The Eddstone is all parkerized with no blue steel WW2 parts. It has a Kerr rifle sling he believes is a reproduction. I honestly don't know as the Enfield with Kerr sling came to me as part of a multi gun trade. 

The Kerr slings were originally issued with the Krag but from what I've read on the net made it all the way to Nam on shotguns and Thompsons. Does anybody know how to tell if the Kerr sling is original or a repro?? I only have one 1917 leather sling left and want to keep it on my 1908 dated 03 Springfield. I kick myself every time slings come up, in the 70's I had at least a dozen leather 1917 slings I paid less than a buck each. One big boner was trading away a rare extra thick and longer 1917 sling that was originally issued with BAR's.