Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Stupid people

spec4 e4

Sat afternoon my wife and I went see about a F-350,  after looking at it, we test drove, go on to the interest then got back on the side road to the dealership.  I was in the left lane and getting ready to turn left up ahead when I suv drafted over the zipper and brush agaist us.  She tried to run but the F350 was a little fast the the wreck she was driving.  So I cut her off. I jump out to make sure she did not tried to run.  She open the door and said, "I'm sorry, I got insurance."  The male passager told her to get in and shut up.  Cops show up and took statements.  Was told that she said i cross into her lane.  Now its an he said/she said.  Great more b.s. drama.  

Did bought F350.  Very minor damage.  Just the chrome fender well trim, mirror knock loose, and some paint transfer.

Rob

Few years ago I was tail ended by a hit and run driver. Took a lot of hell raising to get cops to follow up. A witness got his plate number but according to police he couldn't positively I D the driver.  I was told by cops nothing they could do as the illegal Mexican with no insurance wouldn't admit to doing it. He even claimed he didn't drive when cops asked for his license. 

My soon to be X had a similar situation with an African immigrant about five years ago. The immigrant caused a chain collision . No insurance and living on welfare. She tried to drive away but a driver boxed her in. A black woman witness waiting at a bus stop claimed the African didn't hit anybody and the collision was caused by a car in front of her. Another witness claimed the immigrant was yelling into a cell phone and never touched her brakes. All involved except my wife were cited. Wife was in front with no cars ahead of her. The drivers minding their own business waiting for a green light were cited for not maintaining a safe distance while stopped. Not sure if the immigrant was cited with conflicting witnesses. 

Ive been procrastinating on buying a dash cam. My son has one that records front and back. I should quit spending money on toys and get one. There are way to many illegals driving with no insurance and hit and runs are way to common in Phoenix.

Few years back I saw a lady side swipe a new Ford pickup then nail the truck in front pulling a construction air compressor. She stopped, made a u-turn then drove off like a bat out of hell with coolant pouring out of her car. Another car went after her but don't know if he caught her. I left the victims with my name and number but never heard from them. Can't say for certain but most likely an illegal alien. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 11:58 PM, spec4 e4 said:

Looking at three of them.  They are not cheap.

Rob

http://www.topdawgelectronics.com/eagleeye-triple-dash-cam-1-front-facing-windshield-cam-w-2-additional-waterproof-cams/

I got two of these.  One going in the 97 F150 and other will be going in the 06 F150.  As for the 03 F350, I will be getting the four wireless cams system that they have.

Rob

14 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

Be sure to get memory chips rated for dash cams.  The constant writing will burn up a regular one.  There's a new chip out that can take it.

Can you give me the name and model of ad card?

Thanks

Rob

That's all I know, Rob.  This site:

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collections/memory-cards

claims to be a major dash cam seller and lists those cards for sale.  I have no experience with them, just found them googling.  Our site IT guy, GameboyRMH, mentioned the dash cam rated cards on another forum.  I'll PM him and see if he can recommend you one.

• 1 month later...