Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Howa Barreled Actions @ Brownell's

AzRednek

For what it's worth for any rifle builders. Howa barreled actions, both long and short. Price starts about 260 and Hogue stocks running 120 to 800!! If I didn't have an unfinished Mauser, a commercial Mauser action and two butchered Enfields awaiting sporterizing in my vault. I'd love to put together a short compact 762X39 or 6.5 Creedmore scout type project. 

https://www.brownells.com/manufacturers/howa/index.htm?lp_pageid=howa&avs|Manufacturer_1=HOWA&avs|Special-Filters_1=Salezz1zzClearance&utm_source=marketo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2018_06_11_fathersday&utm_content=promo&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTVRGa1pHVmxNall5WmpaaSIsInQiOiIyeXQxNnlsSjVKdXJVS3BIZDIzYTVlUllRYkxIUmV5MGJ6YjdkV0RTNEh0ZXlBajVpM0pjU0l2NWlcL2FpdTdJOFQrRTRrTGxLem9YUk9PMEVLTHQ0a1lkQUsxMlBzS3ZDSEg0T2cwa2FTRmNXWUlhSFwvQlZ3QzczVm0xWVhuTzUyIn0%3D

Howa from Japan makes a good bolt action rifle. I know they still build rifles for Weatherby and one of my bud's has a Howa built for Smith & Wesson. Howa has built rifles for others I just can't recall all the names at the moment. I was told at the last NRA Convention in Phx by a factory  rep, just can't recall the name for sure, best guess is Ithaca. Howa aggressively pursues the export market as very few in Japan can possess a firearm. It's to keep a firearms industry active for national defense reasons. Keep in mind factory reps are often flakey and will exaggerate facts like a car salesman. He was trying to pass it off as being a decorated military grade rifle. He went as far as claiming many are sold at a loss and the company is subsidized by the Jap govt. I didn't call hIm on his BS after my friend asked why price was higher than a Remington ADL that came from factory with iron sights and scope mounts. Good rifles yes but military grade compared to Mauser or Springfield. Not even close in my mind.