Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Llama 45

swamprat

If it is the copy of the US GI 45 you can back the tension off of the leaf spring slightly. Outside of that you will likely need to have somebody experienced with 45 autos stoneing the sear and hammer. If you try it yourself make sure you have (or access to) spare parts. 45 trigger jobs are notorious for not being able to hold the hammer back in the cocked position during recoil. I've tried it twice, on a Colt and on one GI, both failures. Works good on the bench but fails to hold at the range.

If it is not the US GI clone check the magazine disconnector/trigger block. I heard LLama folded so you may want to be sure you can get parts before altering anything.

I decided to replace the sear spring with the one I got in the parts. I did this instead of bending the orginal sear spring. The pull is approximately the same. Now that I know the two springs will enterchange, I will try to adjust one. Stay tuned for," Llama trigger adjust or How to screw up a sear spring!" Followed closely by,"Sears! What the hell went wrong?" ohmy.gif

Swamprat

I tweeked the sear spring and reduced the trigger pull to a nice comfort level. The first try I went to far on the bend and the gun would not fire. Eased off on the bend and hit it just right. Of the 3 fingers on the spring you bend the middle one backward. I don't have a way to measure trigger pull but I would say the reduction has to be at least half. I don't see any reason to mess with stoning the sear and hammer. As I said it has a nice comfort level for me right now.

Thanks for the help and warnings, can't wait to go shoot.

Swamprat