Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I think google has shadow-banned us.

Dr.Hess

We haven't had any new members in a while.  Doing some testing, it looks like google is not returning search results on our site.  Try it yourself.  Do a search for anything that you know should drive traffic here and see what happens.  Unless you hit every single keyword and there is no other site that has it, like '300 blackout powder coated 296 lee hess', you won't see anything at all, or nothing in the first five pages or more. 

I think google doesn't like our stating reality and truth. 

I put in 7x57 sporterized and found a post. On 3rd page I found a link to us on how to pick a M-N to sporterize. I don’t doubt that we could be ghosted, in part. We’re in a non-shooting civil war. 

We we always are slow in the summer. I could advertise, but I’m not sure about the return on investment? Videos are superior to bulletin boards, and those, plus the plethora of other boards, squeezes the bulletin board market.

I wouldn't bother with the advertising.  I don't think it was that productive the last time we did it.  It just doesn't "feel" right.  Anyway, I don't like the you-toobes.  I prefer the forum style.  Guess I'm getting old.

I saw an article on a company that advertised with google.  They questioned the value of the "words" they were buying.  Were they getting anything out of it?  So they got google to do a study on it.  They were buying like a hundred "words" related to their company at a pretty large price.  Google came back to them with the top 20 words that actually drove traffic to them and I think maybe led to further action (sale, contact, whatever).  The top 20 words were their company name and 19 ways to misspell it.