Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Taking inventory

ken98k

On 3/2/2019 at 9:29 AM, Quick Karl said:

Is that a real SP1 on the right?

That was my first AR. It was produced by Century from surplus M16A1 parts. I bought it at K-mart 20 years ago.

The one in the middle, missing the flash hider / muzzle brake, is my latest concoction. It's a side charging 458 socom. I test fired it today for the 1st time. What a sweet shooting rifle! I couldn't be happier with it! :) I have a muzzle device ordered for it but, after today's outing, I think I'll just make a thread protector for it and call it good. Less recoil, and much less noise to the shooter that way.

The rifle to the left of that, is a 450 bushmaster. That one is a lot louder for the shooter due to the muzzle device. 

Was it the 450 Bushmaster that the cops in Alaska carry for bear?  I recall reading it was an AR in 4xx something. 

I have one side charging pistol upper in 300BO.  I did it just to be different.  It's interesting.  I still need to figure how to get the handle to stay tight.  I'm thinking some blue locktite.

3 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

Was it the 450 Bushmaster that the cops in Alaska carry for bear?  I recall reading it was an AR in 4xx something. 

I have one side charging pistol upper in 300BO.  I did it just to be different.  It's interesting.  I still need to figure how to get the handle to stay tight.  I'm thinking some blue locktite.

Not sure what the cops use, the less I have to do with them the better.  :)