Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Strip???

flaco

AzRednek-

Look, this is all a little hazy, as I ran into him outside the café before I had my coffee.

And he's the real thing: Far as I can tell he's spent better than two decades running the trap and skeet ranges every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.

He's also one of our best rifle shots.

Not to mention he has a Jarrett 300. Which is to say he owns and appreciates custom rifles.

Anyway, this place is just below St. George, and of about 11,000 hunters, 60 or so tags are drawn?

He called it a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I believe him.

He pulled out a snapshot--who wouldn't?--and this buck had a humungous rack.

I got the impression that anywhere else, this would be more than a trophy buck.

But he was a little disappointed.

flaco

N.B. I'd like to add... that around here, most all those I've met who are involved in the shooting sports are as friendly and supportive as you could imagine.

How sweet is that?

Sounds like it was a great hunt for the Nobles. I have never hunted any kind of terrain that comes close to the area described here. It would certainly take someone with real dedication to spend the time and effort these guys put into this hunt. When I was much younger, I hunted the ozark mtns in Arkansas and thought that area could be real taxing after a day or two of walking/stalking. Definately proves trophy bucks are smart enough to stay off the beaten path. Great article flaco. swamp_thing

Flaco I'll have to look when I have more time. I think the area below St George is a part of Arizona that can only be driven into by driving into Utah then going back south into Arizona. I think it is also an area for renegade Mormans openly practicing polyogamy. Some real news horror stories coming out of the area lately. The highway makes a u-shape, drops into Az then goes back north back into Utah. I think the bend into Az might be what is called the strip. Two Dr appointments today, I'll check it out later when I have more time.