Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I'll be busy......

spec4 e4

this time home.  I'll be milling out 5 AR-15 lowers and so will my wife be milling hers too.  Total of 10 lower will be born this time home.  Once ours are done, I will be willing to loan out the jig and router free, just pay for shipping from and back to me or next person.  1st person is Dr. Hess if he wants it.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, spec4 e4 said:

ok, I got 7 out of 10 done.  no issue but one and that is the 7th one.  The hammer will not go in.  scrapping up against the front.  So, I am thinking I need to refill it with a new bit.  So I have stop and have to order a bite.

Rob

I never used a router. But a friend on mine and does said to use wax lube on the bits. Makes sense since I use wax on my miter was to cut aluminum extrusions. I learned that trick from a commercial glass guy. It comes in a tube like a glue stick. I got it at Home Depot last time. 

9 minutes ago, donmarkey said:

I never used a router. But a friend on mine and does said to use wax lube on the bits. Makes sense since I use wax on my miter was to cut aluminum extrusions. I learned that trick from a commercial glass guy. It comes in a tube like a glue stick. I got it at Home Depot last time. 

Like this stuff, Don?
https://smile.amazon.com/Olson-AC70010-Blade-Lubricant-Blades/dp/B000P4SK9E/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=saw+blade+wax+stick&qid=1567126350&s=gateway&sr=8-2

image.png.b28a23b16a5c271e83ecc604afcddeff.png

22 hours ago, FC said:

Wow, can't handle over 80?!

Yes I’m the guy wearing shorts and tank top in 60 degree weather. My wife laughs at me but I would rather work it the cold and snow than summertime temps. Was a beautiful day today. High hit 73. That’s my kind of summer