Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The 1980 Carter/Reagan debate

ShooterTom

I was watching the Carter/Reagan debate. I used to enjoy listening to Ronald Reagan speak,  now he just seems boring! 

He never made fun of Carter’s looks or made fun of his family or pointed out his butt ugly wallabee shoes that he wore.

He had no nicknames for him like,  “little peanut man” or “low energy Jim”

Trump  has change politics forever. :-) 

Tom

Politics changed.  Mr. Trump just approached it from a "play to win" perspective.  If you look, he said he wanted to be President over 30 years ago.  I think the whole "reality show" thing was just a means of learning how the media  worked, from the inside.  Add that knowledge to his very aggressive "I'm not going to lose" approach and that's what you get. The response to his winning has gotten more and more extreme as well.  The left has gone batshit crazy.  And their dirty little (not so, actually) secrets coming out only pushes them further out there.

It use to be that politics stopped at the waterline and it was we will support where we can and oppose where we must.

That is not now the case..the PC have declared political war and Mr Trump is far  far more polite to them than I would be.

karl