Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Back to normal

karlunity

I used to like cats had several growing up. After cleaning up from a cat hoarder, dealing with feral cats and dealing with complaints to the city’s neighborhood services. Grew to despise cats especially having two cat hoarders within 50 or less yards from my house. Good or bad Feline Leukemia wiped out a good portion.

About 6 or so months ago I discovered a litter of kittens in my outside storage shed. Couldn’t bring myself to dispose of them and called Humane Society hoping they would come and get them. No such luck, told me to just leave them alone and the mother cat will return to nurse them. The lady an obvious cat person encouraged me to leave food  nearby for the mother cat. Under my breath I thought no way. My German Shepard made certain the mother cat wasn’t welcome and she eventually moved the litter. 

About a week later about 3 AM I awoke to noises in my back yard loud enough I thought somebody was attempting to steal something. I grabbed my shotgun ready to confront a thief, hesitated and called 911 instead. As soon as I hung up I heard a very loud growl from a cat. Turned on my flood lights, looked out and just in time to see a Coyote jump up atop of the block fence. Looked like the Coyote had a dead kitten in his mouth. I almost went on a guilt trip feeling bad for the kitten and the mother cat that apparently put up a loud fight. I rushed back inside calling 911 telling them to cancel my previous call for help.

Feeling sorry for the mother cat after discovering the litter on the side of my house. After shining a flashlight in the mother cat’s sad looking eyes I was tempted to leave her food. I didn’t leave any food and fortunately she moved the litter elsewhere away from my property as the litter was gone around noon the next day. 

No more cats for me. The cat hoarding widow across the street from me. Puts a collar with a tiny bell on any cat that wonders on to her carport in the morning to eat. The bell is to scare away birds. She used to throw out a bunch of seed every morning to feed the birds but stopped after the city got on her. She was attracting Pigeons and the herd grew larger every day. Pigeons as far as I’m concerned are flying rats and make an effort it seems to sh!t on windshields.  

Sorry Karl but I’m happy being a dog person.