Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Merry Christmas

manureman

LOVED THE VIDEO!!!

My biggest thrill for Christmas was giving my grandson a left handed, walnut stocked, 12 ga auto shotgun. The Turk made shotgun is a Benneli clone. The high polished blueing and real walnut stock and forend is beautiful. Can’t recall the exact price but only cost me a little over $225 with shipping and FFL fees. I found it on the net being closed out dirt cheap. The shotgun is an oddball brand name but after some net searching seeing that it’s a Benneli clone and great YouTube reviews I couldn’t pass on it. My grandson, 16 years old hit a real growth spurt. Nearly 6’ tall now and out grew the 410 O/U I gave him a few years ago for Dove hunting.

Gave my granddaughter currently home on leave from the Army, a Beretta PX 9MM sub compact. I originally bought the Berretta for my X a few years ago. Got her exactly what she wanted, had the frame and mag floor plates cerracoated pink for her. After she shot it, it was obvious she didn’t like it, lost interest in it preferring to purse carry a 38 S&W Ladysmith I bought her about 12-13 years ago. The PX became a vault queen sitting undisturbed in my vault for years. I tried putting it on the trading block while Backpage was still active but the pink killed its value. My X also left behind a stainless Beretta 32 Tomcat I got her for a birthday present 5-6 years ago. 

My granddaughter earned a Marksman shooting badge in basic. She qualified using a M-9 pistol and three different rifles. M-4, M-16 and I don’t recall model of the third. She surprised me with no assistance the first thing she did with the Beretta was tear it down and put it back together. I overheard her tell dad, it tears down just like a Glock. I can only assume she must have had some training or used a Glock in her firearms training. I could be wrong, possibly you know Tony. Armed Army MP’s and guards carry Glocks.

I ate enough at my son’s house to satisfy a horse. We had smoked turkey that was very tender and delicious. I raved about how good my daughter in law’s molasses pound cake was and carried home nearly half of it. After a rough time last night trying to navigate my way through what best be described as an over crowded maze through the Wally’s. Coming home and settling in ready to relax only to deal with a crazy German Shepard frightened by fireworks and finally getting sleepy at about 3:00AM. Half asleep today after my dog awakened me early about 7:00. Dozing off today about noon watching the news while laying in bed. Waking up and rushing to be at my son’s place by 3:00. Guess I’m getting old, worn out and I’m glad Christmas is finally over. 

Anyhow guys MERRY CHRISTMAS!!