Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Better than nothing, I guess

I'm not super happy about how my imitation of the 3:10 to Yuma revolver came out, but the crucifixes are the same ones on Russel Crowe's revolver. I had to bend them. I used a Rotozip tool, then a sharp chisel. I should have outlined the cross with a thin knife; the borders are far too wide.

Img_4460.jpg

IMG_4461.JPG

Img_4458.jpg

I think it turned out nice.  I remember seeing the movie, but don't recall that much detail.  And, of course, if you don't like how it turned out, replacement stocks can't be very much, or even make your own. 

I was looking at Damascus blade blanks.  You just add your own handle and sharpen them.  You can get them for about $25 at SMNW.com.  They had given me a free shipping and 25% off coupon and I was looking to use it.  I was planning on using a piece of wood from my property, like some oak or walnut.  Then I found a complete knife with a Damascus blade for about the same price as the blank and got that instead.  As I have projects lined up for probably the rest of my life, I don't really need to add another.