Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sneaky Pete’s Holsters

FC

Grabbed my attention, I had to go look at their website. Looks like it wouldn’t draw attention looking like a smart phone carry case. The cross might also lead someone to believe you’re just carrying a Bible or New Testament. Holster is nice but pricey for a cheapskate like me. As long as I keep my weight in check I like inside waist band holsters carried appendix style. 

The Bushnell case I found out is 6” wide, just to big in my mind.

Get yourself a white collar insert. Between the collar and bible case you can get clergy discounts. I did it back about 68-69 with my mail order Doctorate of Divinity degree and I used to get 15% off at Bob’s Big Boy until a school mate’s sister ratted me out. 

Clever Doc, I made a couple attempts to make a holster using auto seat cover vinyl and soft thin leather. I wound up breaking needles and had to have my sewing machine serviced after knocking it out of time with leather. Arizona has a screwy law that guns carried in a vehicle’s glove compartment had to be in a holster. I assume the law is now moot after passing constitutional carry. I wound up making a couple of nearly useless but legal holsters out of material we sold to Pentecostal women that made their own full length uniform skirts. 

This one works well for me.  Yeah, the draw might be a little slower than an outside the waist band plastic holster, but this one will go with any pants or shirt.  No need for some long shirt to cover it.  It is denim sewn to a piece of an antifreeze jug, which has the bend at the corner of the jug.  I added the foam padding piece so it would ride flatter, more like a wallet or phone, then took the cover off an old hard drive, thin stainless, and put that on the outside of the antifreeze jug material and covered that with a piece of scrap leather sewn down to the plastic.  The metal plate gives it rigidity so the corner with no gun doesn't bend down, keep up the illusion.  I sewed it all with my grandmother's hand crank Singer.  Use a denim needle.  They are tough, and that's what I use when doing leather upholstery work.  That's a 9mm, by the way.