Military Firearm Restoration Corner

AMMO GETTING LIKE TOILET PAPER

AzRednek

It’s getting crazy out there.  I stopped at the Oren Wheat bread store. I attempted to purchase two loaves of bread, hot dog and hamburger buns. I had to put one item back. They had a three item limit. Specialty items like rye, raisin and the multiple grain bread I prefer, no way. The bargain prices on  surplus bread days are over. $2.50 a loaf compared to what previously cost $1.35. They did have bargains on chocolate donuts but the coffee cake I like and usually buy one or two a month were gone. The bread store employees I’m told recruited through Salvation Army tried to be helpful but responded “I dunno” to any questions.  

Afterward I headed to what’s named UN Ammo. It is an online merchant that deals in case lots but their retail store sells individual boxes. When I arrived I discovered a line outside the door. I thought the proprietor must be a germaphobe and expected to see employees wearing masks and rubber gloves. Nope, the line outside was because inside the store was packed.

No limits or price gouging as I watched customers rolling out with cases. Mostly Wolf brand 556, and both 762’s. After waiting outside for about 20 minutes I finally got in, squeezed my way through and finally getting a cart. I didn’t find any 38, 40, 45 or 9MM self defense handgun ammo just FMJ. They did have soft tip or HP 357, 44 Mag and 9MM Mak none of which I needed. I didn’t look at 380. No decent 30/06 just Wolf steel FMJ. I did find Remington soft nose 308 but no way was I going to pay $31.95 for a box of 20. I intended to buy a couple boxes of 38 and 9MM plinking ammo and a box each of 20 rd boxes of SD ammo. Guess I got caught up in the frenzy and dumped $240 on plastic buying a hodgepodge of various calibers. The only soft tip ammo I got was 45/70. 12 ga buck was only sold in case lots. While I waited another 20+ minutes waiting to check out. Could hear a forklift unloading an 18 wheeler. The cashier announced “sorry gentlemen none of it will be sold until tomorrow”. 

Learned something strange buying ammo according to a sign they posted. ATF and/or US Customs blocked the import of Wolf brand 5.56 saying it is prohibited military goods. The importer repackaged it labeling it 223 Remington and it cleared. Govt at its finest!! Anyhow it might be a good idea to stock up ammo while it’s still available before the price gouging starts again. Reminiscent of the post Obozo election if you’re remotely interested in an AR best buy ASAP. I vividly recall AR-15’s going for 2G’s or more and the best price I saw on used at a gun show was $1800.00. Now that the market is flooded $500 AR’s will likely be scarce or nada very soon. 

Phoenix city council voted 8-1 giving our  lib mayor the power of a dictator in this so called crisis. Hopefully she won’t pull the same BS as other cities attempting to stop or heavily regulate alcohol, ammo and firearms commerce. I know it’s not constitutional but it will take years worming it’s was through the federal court system. Facebook gossip has a few bars and restaurants here resisting and keeping their doors open. I haven’t heard anything yet if the city has shut them down yet. I saw something earlier today on Facebook of another city having police boarding up a bar that refused to close. 

The more I see the craziness I’m believing more and more the Red Chinks are retaliating against Trump’s trade policies and deliberately exposed the planet to the virus. 

Might also be a test run for a more serious attack. I know right after 9/11 all federal employees were ordered to report any unusual activity around water treatment plants and electric substations. I can’t think of anything people should now be on the lookout for. With the high rate of Corona virus related deaths reported in Iran, wouldn’t surprise me if they are involved.

My granddaughter currently stationed on an Oklahoma Army base told my son. All leave and travel canceled and nobody allowed off base without a very good reason. TSWHTF if the virus gets spread around our military bases. Haven’t heard but I imagine the Navy has likely stopped shore leave among sailors on the water. 

I no longer think if, it’s now when will we be in a shooting war with Red China. Hopefully when we recover Trump can destroy their economy. China is forking with us. I heard they shipped us a bunch of medical ventilators without a chip they can’t or won’t supply. Guess were are very fortunate to have Trump at the helm and not an ass kissing Demoncrat.