Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Supplies

FC

I know the Mormon neighbors went a little crazy with Y2K.

I'll put it bluntly- black people that come to our office are, for the most part, terrified of Covid. Why, I don't know, except that they just LOVE CNN. Thing is, it sounds like they are still socializing like they always have done. When they get to talking you learn about the little details of their community. I've come to realize too that they honestly believe there is no more abused, underappreciated, and underprivileged group of people on earth than themselves. A lot of them will go out of their way to greet each other, ignore whites, leer at women, and take everything they can from whitey. It's sad. We're tired of it- I'd rather deal with the Mexicans. We've about determined to move back to TX.

I don't know anything about oxygen absorbing stuff.

I remember being told my farmer grandpa, who lived through the Dust Bowl, said that people now "he meant hippies" needed a Depression. People just can't seem to comprehend that there won't always be money, benefits from government, food, or gasoline. Just think if an EMP weapon went off? All Hell would break loose.

I've been thinking about a manual well pump for backup, but I think it's too deep. Unless there's capillary action at work it could be a least a hundred feet down, maybe more.

The Jews found some date palm seeds from a palm tree that went extinct a couple thousand years ago.  Found them in a trash dump from some ancient city.  They grew.  Yes, DNA will deteriorate in dead things, but seeds aren't dead.

Interesting. 
I told my wife I’m honestly worried about her. She is way too city. Doesn’t want much at all to do with agriculture. She won’t buy working clothes, and doesn’t want to eat any critter I raise.

Doc I’d read that about the wheat , if I remember correctly they also found honey that was still good , I know it’s considered a “forever” food , was surprised to read that maple syrup is too.

Tony don’t know what you know about wells but it’s not terrible hard to pull a pump with improvised tools, pipe wrenches,chain, a couple extension ladders and a come along, and then lower a well bucket down . I have a well bucket And rope just for that reason , but if it came down to that I have a spring in the holler back of the house that runs 24/7/365 that is where my cows drink , it never dries up in the summer and runs enough that it never freezes in the winter. I’d need to boil it of course with cows having drank out of it for the last hundred years.

Oxygen absorbers are easy they come in different sizes to match the size container and they absorb the oxygen out of the air in the container they are sealed in leaving only nitrogen, they work pretty slick.I switched to the Mylar bags for food storage because they won’t bust in an earthquake and they take up less space but I keep them in new galvanized trash cans just in case a mouse was to get in.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/900-snitched-lockdown-rule-breakers-fear-retaliation/

And:

https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/dems-likely-republicans-report-neighbors-pandemic/

"There is a huge partisan difference," Rasmussen said. "By a 44% to 31% margin, a plurality of Democrats would turn in their neighbors. By a 60% to 25% margin, Republicans would not. Independents are evenly divided. Other data I’ve released shows that a plurality of Republicans now believe the worst of the pandemic is behind us. Democrats strongly disagree."

If I heard about a reward as in NYC being paid to rats turning in neighbors. I would have made some deals. I’ll turn you in then you turn me in next week and we both collect a reward. At best the Gestopo would be stuck giving warnings if they didn’t actually catch somebody in the act. Even if somebody was given a citation no way could it stick.