Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Colt Python

AzRednek

What makes this worth 2G’s??

https://www.jgsales.com/colt-python-revolver,-357-magnum,-4.25-barrel,-stainless,-new.-p-104759.html

I would love to have a Python but just could never justify in my mind $2,000 for a toy. I’ve shot two different Pythons back in the 70’s. By far bar none the sweetest and smoothest double action trigger pull you can imagine. I have no idea if the modern Colt Pythons are as good. I was told by a shoestring relative that formally worked in the Colt factory in the late 70’s. A small crew, their only job was assembling the Pythons. Just simply no way a new crew could replace the years of experience. 

16 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

The gun magazines have been doing comparisons with the old and new Pythons.  The new ones are quite favorably compared.  Modern CNC tooling replaced a lot of hand fitting.

That’s why I question the price. CNC tooling replacing the formally labor intensive hand fitting. I would expect to pay a premium for some additional fitting and like a Rolex one can expect to pay for the status but two grand is just to much in my mind. Despite the price I would really love to have a Python, maybe some day after hitting the Powerball.