Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New project-not firearm related

spec4 e4

So I got two sheds, both 12X16 left barn.  My wife thinks i need electricity in them, which I agree.  Now the question before I start looking for a electricians to do the work.  I have a 220V circuit that we used for the stove but since switched to gas.  Can I run the 220v to one of the shed to a circuit brake box and split it back to 110V?  Then run a circuit to the other shed for lights and few outlets?

Thanks in advance 

Rob

Ask Don he’s an electrician. Might have to send him a private he only shows up on the board occasionally. I wired up a shed several years ago. I did most of the grunt work routing Romex in the wall and put in all the receptacles and light switches but I hired a real electrician to hook it up to power and install circuit breakers. I put in two circuits so if I tripped a breaker I’d still have lights. 

43 minutes ago, AzRednek said:

Ask Don he’s an electrician. Might have to send him a private he only shows up on the board occasionally. I wired up a shed several years ago. I did most of the grunt work routing Romex in the wall and put in all the receptacles and light switches but I hired a real electrician to hook it up to power and install circuit breakers. I put in two circuits so if I tripped a breaker I’d still have lights. 

Thanks

Yes, you can do that.  220 is two 110 circuits and a ground (neutral.)  Run the 220V to a sub panel, then put 110V breakers in that to do what you want.  You could also pull the 220 breaker out of your box and put in two 110 breakers, then run lines from there to the two sheds.  If you are not comfortable with this, best to sub it out.  Electricity is dangerous.

15 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

Yes, you can do that.  220 is two 110 circuits and a ground (neutral.)  Run the 220V to a sub panel, then put 110V breakers in that to do what you want.  You could also pull the 220 breaker out of your box and put in two 110 breakers, then run lines from there to the two sheds.  If you are not comfortable with this, best to sub it out.  Electricity is dangerous.

Thanks, we will be getting someone to do it.

Rob