Military Firearm Restoration Corner

what next?

ken98k

Now that the Rem/Turk is completed, It's time to start the next project. I have a few barrels to choose from

2ea, non-chambered .375 bores.

Non-chambered .243,

8x57 

7x57

300 win mag

45-70 Siamese

I'm kind of leaning towards a .375-06

Years ago a friend did a 375 Whelen which I assume is the same or close to your 375/06. He had a difficult time with headspace fire forming brass on the initial firing. It was easier after the first shots when the brass formed a small shoulder he couldn’t quite get with his sizing die.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 7:27 PM, AzRednek said:

Years ago a friend did a 375 Whelen which I assume is the same or close to your 375/06. He had a difficult time with headspace fire forming brass on the initial firing. It was easier after the first shots when the brass formed a small shoulder he couldn’t quite get with his sizing die.

There are 2 versions. The first is 30-06 necked up to .375 and then there is the "improved" version that eliminates head-space issues.

15 hours ago, ken98k said:

There are 2 versions. The first is 30-06 necked up to .375 and then there is the "improved" version that eliminates head-space issues.

Not sure which version he had. I assume he had the first version because of his problem fire forming brass. He died years ago and I was told his daughter sold his entire collection of custom rifles for a few hundred bucks.  I never shot his 375 but did get to shoot his 350 Norma.