Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Now that cops are reluctant to enforce

FC

I was expecting to see TSHTF as protestors and supporters gathered outside of Trump’s Phoenix rally yesterday. Cops directed the useless oxygen sucking life forms to one side of the street and the good guys on the other side. I saw and heard a lot of verbal jabs going back and forth but I could hardly hear over the crowd and traffic noise. I didn’t see any physical fights but a lady that arrived earlier said there was one clash and cops cuffed and hauled them all away. The triple digit heat had myself and others not staying very long. On my drive there the only convenience store within walking distance of the church. About 20 good guys, some armed gathered in the store parking lot. I saw several protestors heading in that direction. When I left about an hour later. I saw a bunch of cops in the parking lot appearing to be ID’ing both sides. I don’t know if a fight broke out there or not.

When I was leaving I intended to head north going past the protestors and getting some photos but a cop pulled in front of me blocking my parking lot exit. He got out telling me and a biker in front of me to turn south. The biker apparently not happy about being told which way to go was arguing with the cops. Another cop car pulled up telling me to go around the motorcycle pointing to the south. I would have stayed longer but just wasn’t in the mood to deal with the heat. 

In summary, the Phx cops didn’t appear to be taking sides and were determined to maintain the peace. I did get a snicker and smile as the cop that told me to go around the biker. Saw my Father’s Day gift, a Trump autographed red hat saying elect that MF-er. The numerous horror stories about cops turning a blind eye to the protestors in Democratic controlled large cities. Are going to lose support of the law abiding public if it keeps up. We have a Republican Governor but a Demoncrat Phx Mayer. Far as I know cops here haven’t been instructed to back down.

I’m still trying to figure out why Trump’s campaign selected a church with only a 3,000 seating capacity instead of the various locations they used and filled to capacity in previous rallies that brought in crowds of tens of thousands. A few days ago there was a confrontation at a Confederate monument. Cops ran both sides off but some creep sneaked back and spray pained it. Local net chatter is saying about 7 or 8 armed so called patriots stood their ground against 30 or more BLM protestors.  

5 hours ago, FC said:

There’s a serious uprising underfoot.

I’m really expecting a shooting war breaking out. The protestors like children after discovering a temper tantrum won’t work. Will try another means of getting their own way. They’ve done a good job getting cops to cower down but sooner or later armed citizens will draw a line in the sand. When the brats like kids think they can get away with crossing that line because they were raised by wimpy parents that always gave in. They will meet adults whose fathers weren’t afraid of giving them an attitude adjustment with his belt and learned to know right from wrong. After some citizens are beaten to a bloody pulp, women dragged out of their cars and raped, parents beaten in front of their children and family owned businesses looted and/or burned. The brats won’t expect it as they have so far been spoiled by Demoncrat politicians the incoming will begin. 

I can see CNN after people are harmed, robbed, raped by the spoiled brats and a father protects his family with a gun. “Right wing militia shooting peaceful protestors”. “Peaceful protestors politely directing traffic are attacked by gun wielding right wing zealots”.After a few brats are justifiably shot in self defense. Demoncrat politicians will demand gun control. If it doesn’t stop, sooner or later one of my family or anybody close to me is going to be harmed. I will want a penance paid in blood, eye for an eye justice. I better shut up and quit typing as my anger level is sky high.

5 hours ago, FC said:

There’s a serious uprising underfoot.

Not simply serious but I expect we will soon discover well organized. I hope we can soon discover whom or what is leading the revolution.  Maybe I’m just the typical conspiracy nut but I have a feeling China is behind it. I also believe China was testing Trump’s reaction deliberately spreading their lab grown virus. 

Look at WW2 history. The USA planned on dropping thousands of bats carrying incendiary bombs on Japan to burn down cities. What would happen if Red China dropped or smuggled in thousands of disease carrying bats into major USA cities. If Trump is in command there would be an immediate and devastating reprisal. If the Demoncrats are in control like Obozo’s response to Russian election interference. He told Putin “knock it off”. What would Biden do??

On 6/29/2020 at 2:07 PM, FC said:

I don’t feel optimistic. At least back then there was the older, sane generation to overrule the freaks.

I missed a short but sweet confrontation about 3/4 mile from home. A large shopping mall that at the time of its construction In the early 70’s was the largest shopping mall in the world. The mall became a hot spot for teens and road surrounding became a cruising location. I made a few bucks there when I was moonlighting as a limo driver. It all ended when Phoenix enacted a no cruising ordinance in the late 80’s. 

The mall is closing down for good. It started on Facebook after somebody suggested “one last cruise night”. There wound up being two dates set. I went to the first one last weekend. I didn’t cruise, just parked to watch the classic cars and hot rods. The second cruise I guess because of the success of the first one. According to local news there were thousands from all over the state. Some classics were trailered in then got into the procession. Sure enough protestors arrived believing they could set up a road block. Unfortunately for the dumass protestors they were almost immediately confronted by a group of armed gang bangers in low riders. The protestors immediately dispersed and didn’t say a word I was told. The cowards took off just a few minutes ahead of about 25+ bad ass bikers showing up. The cruising continued around the intersection after it was being used by kids smoking up their rear tires brottying in circles. 

I really regret not going to the second event. I would have loved seeing the confrontation. I did plenty of cruising in the late 60’s meeting my first wife while cruising Central. I enjoyed myself driving mostly teen girls cruising around the mall in the the limousines that always tipped good. I even hauled around a couple of female celebrities and their friends around the mall.

A few times I borrowed a limo that wasn’t booked. Myself and some coworkers. One guy a great big Italian that looked like he belonged in the Mafia in his midnight blue suit. A short but very mouthy guy with a very strong voice we dressed up in phony gold chains acted as he was the boss. Then there was a married couple I worked with both die hard hippies. The guy looked like he belonged in ZZ Top, shoulder length hair and long beard. We’d stop the limo near where teenagers were gathering. The Dago and I would jump out and rapidly open the back doors for the hippies. As soon as they were out the little guy would scream at us poking his finger into our chests. “You call yourself body guards I said find a quit spot”. Then as the teens approached us believing the hippie was a rock star. He’d scream “no autographs” but the teens all came up for a closer look. Nearly every time we pulled it some kid would yell something like I’ll never buy  one of your albums again. It came to an end when the owner of the limos would no longer loan them after some jerk borrowed one disappeared for a day and got himself arrested in the limo for DUI.

Sorry guys caught myself reminiscing and keyboard rambling again. It was a bad day for me. I got up in the middle of the night to take a leak and fell in the hallway for no apparent reason. I was awakened about 6:00 AM sore as hell from the fall. My dog going skitzo running around the house barking non stop. A guy was on my roof servicing my A/C unit. I was getting its annual service that turned into a nearly $500 repair. The blower motor going bad was causing a vibration when it fired up. Just about the time I was falling back asleep a renter called. A shower valve behind the wall sprang a leak. The repair estimate i got this afternoon is $750 bucks for the plumbing and repairing the tile wall. Now I really wish President Trump would send me another 1200 bucks, I can really use it. 

15 hours ago, FC said:

Great stories, as usual. Is it time to sell the rental?

I’ll let my twins figure out what to do after I croak. One wants to sell the other wants to keep the properties as rentals. 

Another story worth telling after I really laughed my arse off today. On an off ramp on I-17 today there was what looked like a 40+ year old female tweaker at an intersection with a cardboard sign saying “anything helps desperate”. While awaiting the light to change about two cars ahead of me. She was chatting back and forth with a passenger in a car. She eventually lifted her blouse exposing her bare chest. The moment she exposed herself a car behind me with a Jap sounding horn rapidly beeped about 5-6 short beeps. The passenger handed her what was likely a dollar. I couldn’t hear but the way she looked at the cash, her angry look and it was obvious from her body language she was screaming at him. He probably stiffed her. Likely offering a lot more but only gave her a buck. I got a wake up horn behind me as I was laughing so hard I didn’t move when the light turned green. 

About a block west of the intersection is a legal medical marijuana store. Nearly every time I go through that intersection there are beggars on every corner on both sides of the freeway. I imagine they are trying to scrounge up enough cash for the pot.

7 hours ago, The Zen Master said:

If I had the money, I'd rent out a hunting ranch in Texas for a weekend and invite all y'all just so we could sit around and shoot the chit! ;)

I really mean that!

There was some talk about doing that about 10+ years ago but it never got organized.

On 7/3/2020 at 3:43 AM, FC said:

Believe it or not I've never bought a ticket. I did find one at the hospital though and won $15!

The very first lottery in Arizona I won $76.00 off a one dollar ticket. About ten years ago I won $35.00 off of $20.00 worth of tickets. I’ve probably dumped a grand or more since the early 80’s. Just to tempting not to buy 20 tickets when the Powerball reaches hundreds of millions. I did meet a guy that won over 100 mill. He was building a huge house in the mountains next to my friends tiny A-frame cabin. My friend was happy as the guy was bringing in electricity into the area. 

One of my postal patrons that never worked for the nearly 20 years I stuffed his mailbox. In a pool he won apx 30,000 then 15,000 a year  for 20 years. I thought he was BS-ing me but he went out of the way catching me on the other side of the street to show me the check. He was a real fruitcake supported by his 300+ lb RN wife that was some kind of spokesperson for the county health system. He died a drug addict. Was booted twice from the liver transplant waiting list because of his drug use. I once delivered a parcel to him and he insisted on showing it to me. A late 20’s Ithaca Roadblocker, an NFA 20ga double barrel pistol. 

8 hours ago, The Zen Master said:

I grew up in an orphanage 8-miles from NYC - with nothing but donated clothes, 3-squares a day, and straight A's in school because I had no other choice in the matter (the Franciscan Sisters that cared for us were actually phenomenal people, in hindsight).

Fast Forward a bunch of years and I am designing multi-million dollar homes in Carefree and Scottsdale, AZ for a Fund Manager from Charles Schwab, a guy that made 7.5-million as part of an IPO, and a couple of guys that own Ford and Subaru dealerships in NY, to name a few...

Every one of them was obsessed with screwing everyone they could out of every penny they could - period. And they ALL actually believe that they are above you and me (everyone is their servant, just like the Windsors in England).

One of the car dealers, literally, found something to complain about and withheld payment from the general contractor and every sub-contractor that worked on his project, and threatened to sue anyone that complained (use his wealth to drag you through Court because he knows you can't afford the years it will take, and so you will negotiate).

At one point the guy accused the GC of installing a patio door incorrectly (swing out instead of in) and when the wind blew the door would slam so hard the entire house would feel it. The GC swore to me that the owner instructed him to install the door to swing out, and even marked it on a set of plans that he could not find (wait). The owner denied ever directing him to install the door swinging out.

Then one day we are standing in the car dealer's kitchen with the Registrar of Contractors to determine which of the owners complaints the GC was responsible for, and what happens?, the p.o.s. car dealer pulls out a set of drawings he had (that I had never seen to this point), and there is his signature on the door swing change.

He acted like nothing happened and moved on to the next lie.

The next day I emailed the car dealer and told him I was finished (my contract was hourly and could be terminated by either party for any reason or no reason, at any time). He phoned me and threatened to sue me.

I was standing in a parking lot talking to the guy on my cell phone when he said this to me and I said: "Bill, I ****ing dare you to ****ing sue me. I ****ing dare you."

I never heard from him again and I am the only person that worked on the project that got paid in full.

Moral of the story - every one of them is a low life p.o.s. that I find nothing admirable about, at all. Everyone I have ever met that "has money" has been the greatest of all the p's.o.s. I have met in my interesting life - and that is just a fact.

You cannot GET rich in the first place unless you are a p.o.s.

Hate to hear ya feel that way ,must suck . My experience is different, seen em turned both ways.

I don’t know a lot of folks with loads of money but some that I do came up dirt floor poor, EARNED they’re wealth honestly and are as fine a people as God ever strung through.

Just can’t agree with you can’t get rich in the first place unless your a P.O.S

I wouldn’t mind being filthy rich. I do however believe I couldn’t sleep nights if I did it by screwing people.

I don’t know the details but I watched my best friend at the time being tackled by his employees. He operated a tree service, he wasn’t rich but pretty much better off financially than most in our neighborhood. Think I was about 10 or 11 years old. My friend and I were playing in the front yard when we saw his dad get tackled with a gun and holster in his hand. He kept screaming “let me up let me up I’m going to kill that SOB”. He was talking about Del Webb. I don’t know the details other than filthy rich Del Webb screwed him over in a business deal and stole his foreman. He got stuck with a bunch of mature palm trees he traveled out of state for. 

My friend’s father was from Appalachia and never got past the 4th grade after his parents were killed in an auto accident. He was passed around to different family members, wound up in an orphanage which he escaped and ran away from. From his young age he survived by working in carnivals, a traveling circus and as he said picking anything from Georgia cotton to digging up Idaho potatoes. He was far from a self made millionaire had a very difficult to understand southern accent but was ambitious enough to start his own successful business.  

My former parent in laws were wealthy but bar none the biggest cheapskates you could ever imagine. He left my X and her two siblings apx 1.5 mill each and a bunch of rental property here in Phx and Haywood California. My father in law was generous to his family when they needed money. He paid apx 4,500 per month for 14 months when my out of control 14 year old step daughter had to be institutionalized.

I’m not exaggerating about them being tight. They never bought new clothes or anything new if it could be had from Goodwill or any of the charitable thrift stores. My mother in law drove and old VW Beetle beater and 60’s Chevy pickup. As well off they were my mother in law was once arrested after being caught switching price tags and charged with shoplifting. My father in law did treat himself to a new 66 Bronco after his WW2 surplus Jeep broke down. At the time he was desperate. He was a Geologist and mining engineer and had to get to a job in the mountains asap. He made his fortune mining gold in the Amazon. My X told me when she was young her father would be gone months to years with no communication. My mother in law despite being left with plenty in the bank would drive through alleys picking up junk washers and dryers repair then sell them. Once a month she would go to a food warehouse and buy cans with no labels for a nickel each. She always brought us a box full. It was kind of fun opening cans around dinner time. Might be canned fruit, vegetables, tuna fish or pet food. My X and I would open cans until we got vegetables and fruit for dinner. Occasionally we’d get lucky scoring a can of salmon or fruit pie filling. I recall opening a large lightweight can with brown bread, tasted like ginger bread it was delicious but I never found it at the grocery store. Often we’d have a side dish of tomato or chicken noodle soup. The pure white German Shepard we had ate good when the cans arrived as there was always plenty of dog food. My X could differentiate cat from dog food by the smell. Cat food would make our dog sick. I know I’m straying way off subject but we never had a cat very long or did others in the area after the govt set up a family of Viet Nam refugees in our cul de sac. 

I better quit now I got carried away again. I could write a book about the shenanigans my mother in law did to save money especially how bad she treated renters in run down apartments.  

We dealt with a guy like that in court for a long time. I can't mention his name as part of the agreement, but he's a northeasterner.  

Compared to the Iraqis we're all stinkin' filthy rich.

I am shocked to see some getting rich selling ratty SKSs for 400 + bucks   

The world is mad

as to cops or troops for that matter. Most have morgates and bills and want to keep that job. Oh they may say the PC pols stink but rist that pension not on your life. That is not new and it is why they never planned to have a community of life long civil servants.

The law was clear the court was swift and the constable deputizes men if he needed them.  Ever wonder why?  Well now you know. Damn few professional will risk the pension 

karl

On 7/7/2020 at 1:05 PM, The Zen Master said:

I know this is bad but the cat / Vietnamese neighbor thing cracked me up! :D 

I could write a book about that family. The father was a Colonel in the Vietnam Air Force and claimed to have shot down one Mig. Him and his family were part of the Vietnamese helicoptered out of the American Embassy. The US govt set up his family, rented them a nice house and bought them a van. He was expecting to get a job flying even hoped to join the US Air Force but all he got was a free ride to chef school and hired by a Scottsdale resort.

His wife was stunning, very beautiful. Her father was a French soldier. She was trained on the govt dime to be a clerk steno but had trouble keeping a job as she had trouble learning English. She finally got a job locally with a French owned business as they were both fluent in French. He claimed to have had a year in a French university. She sang and danced in a Nam nightclub. He claimed his promotion to Colonel cost him $10,000 in US dollars even though he had recommendation letters from US Officers.

As soon as they moved in our cul de sac they plowed up the yard and started growing crops. A complaint to the city’s neighborhood services forced them to restore the front yard but they continued to grow something in the backyard. When the cats started disappearing they got a visit from a detective, denied it and the cats began to reappear. They had relatives in a trailer park a couple miles away. They were also accused of harvesting cats.

It was like a soap opera after his wife had a white baby. He came down to tell me about it as he was half drunk really depressed and was having trouble speaking English. I’ll never for get him telling me his wife had white baby. “Her boss you know she boom boom fuky fuky her boss white baby”. He wanted me to help by physically removing her and the baby from their house while he took the rest of his kids for pizza. He also told me he had doubts about his 12 year old daughter being his. While they were going through a divorce he was arrested for not paying the court ordered child support. He did pay but deducted a portion for the illegitimate kids. He was ordered to pay until paternity could be established. I never found out how it turned out for him. 

I only saw him once after they moved. He kept bugging me to go gambling with him. There was a quirk in Arizona law that allowed casino type gambling as long as the house did not collect any of the proceeds. The bars got around it by charging a cover fee to get in and charged outrageous prices on drinks. It only lasted a few months until the legislature closed the loop hole. I went along with him just on one night and played some craps and blackjack. The reason he wanted me tagging along, he was playing for big bucks and had a big wad of cash. The two joints were pretty seedy and he wanted a big guy to accompany him as he feared getting rolled in the parking lot. He was short and skinny. He claimed he won over two G’s on the crap table then quickly lost about 500 playing blackjack. He was playing 2 or 3 hands at a time gambling with 50 and 100’s. I came home about $20 ahead but there was no way I was going back. I saw two fist fights over cheating accusations and the bouncers took their sweet time breaking it up. He was a decent guy I could call a friend but he had the Dr Jekyl Mr Hyde personality when he started drinking so I avoided him after they moved.