Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I lucked into some 9MM

AzRednek

Opened up my email early this morning and PSA (Palmetto) had Maxx brand 9MM, 115 gr FMJ for 19.99 per 50 rd box. Price normally would be a bit steep but seeing how others are getting 49.99 for a 50rd box of brass case FMJ’s and somebody last week was selling Wolf brand for 36.99 for 50 rd box. Self defense type 9 mill is 25-35 bucks for 20rd box if you can find it. I sprang for four boxes and $12 shipping adding another three bucks per box. Way more than I wanted or ever have paid for 9MM but at least I can go to the range now saving my 9 mill SilverTips for bad guys if the need ever arises.

Anyhow right after I completed the order I emailed a friend that has been desperate for 9mill, 38 Special, 45ACP and 45 Colt. Within 30 minutes he replied letting me know the 9MM was sold out. Guess it’s an example of the early bird getting the worm. Selling out that quick I immediately checked my inbox and got an email from PSA letting me know it will ship in 2-3 days. I ordered about 8:00 AM Az time. Since the panic buying has started I’ve been checking from the numerous (and I do mean numerous) gun spam I get daily looking for ammo. I usually check the ads late afternoon or early evening. The only connection I made that wasn’t sold out the past month was an oddball brand of 41 Mag from PSA. I also picked up UK surplus 30/06 I think it was 11.99 per 20 rd box with the 41. Out of state internet purchases being shipped to Az are now required to charge sales tax. Even Ebay snagged the sales tax on a speed loader pouch I bought from China. 

I guess the strategy if you’re desperate for handgun ammo, 223 or 308. Hit the websites early in the morning. I’m still searching for a deal on 30 Carbine ammo. So far when I do find it the prices are ridiculous. While on the subject, got spammed from Classic Firearms. They had surplus US M-1 Carbines for $1199.00. By the time I clicked on the link they were sold out. The ad didn’t say where they came from but I suspect Korea. I’d love to have one but I have better use for 1200 bucks.

I may have to actually reload 9mm.  But I think I'm fixed.  I don't shoot it much.  22LR mostly these days.

I saw an ad somewhere recently for M1 Carbines for $900 in "good to excellent."  I think it was in Firearms News.

With the Korean Carbine’s and ammo showing up. I hope we soon see deals on bayonets and magazines. I’ve had bad luck in the past with after market 30rd mags. I foolishly traded away my parkerized US mags several years ago. I traded an Iver Johnson M-1 Carbine for a Marlin 45/70. I gave him my mags and ammo and he in turn gave his 45/70 ammo. The bent Carbine bayonet I posted her a few months ago was Korean. I’d love to get another as they are identical to the pre-50’s US with leather handle. Simply no way I’ll pay the price for US surplus.

The latest Firearms News has an article on Royal Tiger Imports' new supply of M1 Carbines.  They found a warehouse in Ethiopia.  Piled high with carbines stacked up like firewood.  Must be thousands in the pictures.  They want 1K for one that's rough-ish, but functional, $1700 for one like new.