Military Firearm Restoration Corner

NO AMMO

AzRednek

I started about 6:00 AM AZ time searching every ammo vendor I know of on the net and didn’t find Jack in handgun ammo. 454 Casull and 460 S&W appears to be plentiful but costing as much as a 20rd box of Federal 454 for only 61.99. About a month ago I ordered 4 boxes of 40 S&W from Sportsman’s Guide. I inquired not having received it. I was told it was out of stock. Checked my debit card account, I was charged then given credit on the same day. Pissed off I called back and as expected it was blamed on a computer. When I told her it was nice of you to let me know she again blamed the computer saying an automatic email should have been generated and sent. It’s possible they did send it and I didn’t open it assuming it was the almost daily spam I get from them usually saying in the subject line special selections for Dave. Open their special selections it’s usually something stupid I don’t need like used German Army surplus t-shirts, Korean trench tools or French surplus blankets. I recall one a year or more ago and among the special selections were European military surplus bras!! 

As a young kid I loved the surplus blue US Navy blankets. Don’t recall if my parents were tight on money after my dad was out of work for several weeks following surgery. We went an entire winter with a broken down furnace. My grandfather brought us a bunch of the Navy blankets.