Military Firearm Restoration Corner

30/06 & 30 Carbine ammo

AzRednek

https://aimsurplus.com/prvi-partizan-ppu-30-06-150grn-fmj-20rd-box/
You can save a buck per box buying steel cased Wolf brand from the same merchant. They had soft point PPU 06 yesterday but apparently sold out overnight. They have other reasonably priced PPU brand rifle ammo. 
https://aimsurplus.com/korean-surplus-30cal-carbine-110grn-fmj-120rd-bandolier/  
For sale elsewhere for less but in 1,080 lots. This is the only one I found so far willing to sell it in smaller quantities. Been awhile since I priced the 30 Carbine stripper clips and guides but best I recall they weren’t cheap.

Finally today my 40 S&W showed up I ordered over a month ago. Tracking showed it delivered a couple weeks ago. My guess to the wrong address and most likely the fault of the shipper whomever it was. I suspected it was stolen and had contacted the merchant asking for a refund. They asked and I agreed to give it more time and they would try follow up with shipper. The parcel showed up intact in a Ryder rental truck and the driver wasn’t uniformed. The driver pissed me off. He didn’t knock just yelled Yoww very loudly at my carport door making my dog go ballistic.

About a year ago I found a parcel in my front yard. Not by the door and it was partially opened. I imagine a thief got it and dumped it in my yard. My mailman assured me it was not US Mail and we couldn’t figure out who the shipper was from the label. There is a lot of back scratching going on in the delivery business since I left the P.O. UPS and USPS and likely others use FEDEX airplanes. I’ve heard shipping co’s are sharing truck loads and rail cars. I delivered the mystery parcel myself about 5 blocks away. I thought the Mexican couple wanted to kiss me, it was their daughters wedding dress. 

I had an email ad this AM from CDT for PMC 40 JHP, $50 for 25 rounds. MAXXTech 9mm 115 gr FMJ $60 for 50 rounds.  That's crazy.

I occasionally have to complain to one of the delivery services for leaving my packages out at the gate, 250 ft through the woods from my house, and not visible.  I have meth labs all up and down my road.  They don't bother you, but their customers are a different story.  I even had FedEx leaving overnight envelopes IN MY MAILBOX.  I don't think that's even legal.  After my complaint, that stopped.

I bought 5 boxes of the 50rd Maxxrech from Palmetto for $19.99 each. That was my missing parcel that did finally show up yesterday. It had been opened cut through the shipping label then taped shut. Likely was mis delivered, returned by an honest person then delivered to my house. UPS tracking still shows it delivered 8/21. I recall ordering the Maxxtech early in the morning, text a shooting bud and by the afternoon it was sold out. I get spammed almost daily by Palmetto. One of the first things I do after opening my email box. I go to Palmetto’s email,  to their website and check ammo. The past few weeks I’ve been able to accumulate most of what I want except 38 Special. Palmetto’s prices are a bit high but they are not gouging so far. Same with AIM Surplus and Ammo Depot so far but it can change at anytime. I haven’t checked in about a week but J&G was getting 49.99 for a 50rd box of S&B 115gr FMJ. 

I read a net article today. A CEO of an ammo co, possibly it was Mag Tech saying they expect the shortages and hoarding to continue for at least 12 months after the election. Ammo manufactures are hesitant to invest in new factory equipment as they may not recover their investment when sales level off and go flat. The article mentioned the biggies speeding up production some running three shifts 24 hours. I’ve been for the last month shopping the net for ammo but with the exception of some Federal SD ammo. I haven’t come across any Winchester, Remington, Federal or Hornady. I’d like to know where is it from the biggies. It’s not on the net and dealer’s shelves are still bare. All I’m locating is foreign made but even Wolf brand is elusive.q 

You’re right that it is illegal for anybody other than the USPS to use mailboxes but I only saw it enforced one time. Usually just a letter or phone call. FedEx and UPS always denies using mailboxes claiming the postal patron must have placed it there. I haven’t had a stolen parcel since I add “LEAVE AT CARPORT DONT LEAVE IN FRONT” to the second line in address info that is usually left blank on order form.

That's a good idea on the "leave at carport" 2nd line.  I may start doing that.  However, all the services have been doing OK now.  I used to just have all my packages delivered to the office because they were leaving them at the street, but with the virus bullShiite, I'm not going to the office daily so they have to come here. 

Driving to the store yesterday, there was what had to be a rifle barrel in the round shipping tube sticking half way out of a mailbox. 

On 9/5/2020 at 5:32 AM, Dr.Hess said:

Driving to the store yesterday, there was what had to be a rifle barrel in the round shipping tube sticking half way out of a mailbox. 

Shipping tubes more often than not contain posters. Short tubes are usually from a photographer. The round tube prevents folding creases.