Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bubba'd FN49

skid

Hello,

I am in need of assistance. I just saved a beautiful Venezuelan from becoming a parts rifle. Some bubba with a hack saw cut the barrel just behind the bayonet lug. Also missing are the top hand guards, the barrel band & swivel, & the nose cap. Does anyone out there know where a guy could find replacement parts. I am not sure what to do about the barrel. I've yet to fire it, so I don't know if it will even function with the barrel clipped so short. What kind of obstacles would I possibly run into if I re barrel to a different caliber such as 7.62 NATO or 8mm Mauser? I certainly would welcome some assistance. Thanks,

skid

Guest Unregistered guest
Hello,

I am in need of assistance. I just saved a beautiful Venezuelan from becoming a parts rifle. Some bubba with a hack saw cut the barrel just behind the bayonet lug. Also missing are the top hand guards, the barrel band & swivel, & the nose cap. Does anyone out there know where a guy could find replacement parts. I am not sure what to do about the barrel. I've yet to fire it, so I don't know if it will even function with the barrel clipped so short. What kind of obstacles would I possibly run into if I re barrel to a different caliber such as 7.62 NATO or 8mm Mauser? I certainly would welcome some assistance. Thanks,

skid

7286[/snapback]

I own the same rifle. To make it more valuable and attractive, FEDX Ground broke the stock when it was being delivered. And then refused the claim.

Anyway, I am likely to fit a flash hider to mine and either pin or weld it on.

There were 8003 of these rifles made; mine is 71XX. Is yours close?

Guest Unregistered Guest

Hi Skid. I have never taken this one all the way down so I don't know.

I actually own several of these. Two or three Costa Mesas' (CA Gun Show) ago, we were walking in to the first final setup, and we noticed a table piled high with these and 1909 Argentine long rifles, all the 1909s were unfired, and complete with all matching numbers. Really.

We filled our pockets (Most were one, two, or three digit s/ns). We did not buy s/n XX. It was kind of poopy.

I set my AX on fire, as this was from a dealer who took plastic, and didn't (apparently live on this planet) have a firm commitment to knowing his prices.

We didn't spend over $200.00 for any one Argy piece, or $300.00 for any Vennie.

If I get a chance later this month maybe I'll do a survey on the firing pins.

Lotta small variations in the basic FN Venezualen.

We done good.