Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Brother is voting Biden

FC

One of my five brothers lives in the People's Republic of Austin.  I've gone round and round with him. I give up. He hates Trump, so he's voting Biden, the "lesser of two evils". Doesn't matter about the issues, he hates Trump. What foolishness! If Biden wins he deserves what will happen to him!

There's a guy in my car club.  We were talking.  "I hate Trump!!" "Why?" "He calls people names, like in Jr. High."  "So?  Look at all tremendous good he has done for our country, getting us out of the Paris accord, the TPP, etc., everything he does is in YOUR interest and to better our country."  Dumb look.

I'm not sure. He says Trump wants to be King, and he's the elite. I think it may be that he's forceful, a fighter, and very rich. Probably add in there the comments about females. I told him that's a very unwise way to choose a president. He brought up environmental stuff too. I think he's following his rabidly liberal singer wannabe daughter.

18 hours ago, FC said:

When I go visit my dad there in a couple of weeks I’m going with my Trump bumper sticker.

Might not be a good idea. Some crybaby liberal or Antifa type might vandalize your car. Several years ago I was active in a campaign. My 74 F-150 was vandalized by Deputies. What appeared to be a hammer blow to the rear window where my guy’s sticker was. A bumper sticker was keyed along with the side of the truck twice. The last keying was likely done with something sharper than a key, went clear down to the metal and couldn’t be buffed out. The driver’s side seat upholstery was slashed but it wasn’t done at a campaign event so it might have been unrelated. 

About 20 years ago my truck was broken into. Thieves got a carton of Marlboros but missed my 45. Had the thief folded down the center cushion I would have been out a 1911. I had to file police report to get glass repaired by insurance. First thing the cop told me was to remove the NRA bumper sticker. It’s like advertising to thieves there is a gun inside. Leaving cigarettes or anything of value in plain view is another invitation. Guess the cop wanted to show me he cared by taking fingerprints but it was obvious the creep wouldn’t be caught. 

I have a friend that gets his kicks moving or turning magnetic signs upside down. As a teenager he loved shoving potatoes up tailpipes. About 68 he put a gizmo under my hood between a spark plug and ground. It set off two firecrackers then turned into a smoke bomb. 

On 10/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, Dr.Hess said:

You're (both) lucky he didn't burn you car to the ground.  Those smoke bombs put out a lot of fire, generally, not just smoke.

You’re right we were both 17 a bit crazy and loved pranks. We never thought about the possible consequences. I remember it scared the hell out of me especially the smoke. A few days prior I had to rebuild the fuel pump. Yes you young’uns back then we could rebuild a fuel pump for about $1.25. I thought I had a fuel leak and was relieved to see I was pranked. The Gizmos came from JC Whitney sold as an alarm and theft deterrent.  

20 hours ago, karlunity said:

I must say I cannot regard any who knowing the facts, still votes for Biden or Harris as too bright

karl

They are best described as useful idiots. When I was involved with union activities even the collage degreed Democrat activists were like speaking to a brick wall.