Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ammo shortage

FC

Strange I never heard of the Arizona manufacture. The article is contrary to another I read. It said ammo manufactures were reluctant to invest in new equipment fearing the shortages are temporary. If the manufacture has eight mill in back orders they would be foolish not to invest in new manufacturing equipment. Eight million is a lot of ammo, I wonder if the author is not exaggerating. If the unknown manufacture has eight mill in back orders, what about the well known brand names, Federal, Hornady, Winchester etc. 

Can remember who, in today’s gun spam somebody was selling 50 rd box of Russian steel Tula brand 9MM for $34.95. My cousin that lives in Oregon recently paid $40 for a bag of 50, 38 Special reloads. 

17 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

I had never heard of that manufacturer either. I wonder if they are some kind of private label outfit.

Hard telling, I wonder if possibly they manufacture components the ammo companies might out source production of brass or bullets. Years ago after buying some Remington 338 Mag ammo the necks split about 50% of the time on the initial firing. I sent Remington some samples along with an empty box with lot numbers. In my letter I emphasized the reason for buying the ammo was to hand load the brass. Remington sent me a bunch of brass and a letter of apology. In the letter the author indicated that they were no longer outsourcing to a manufacture. The letter didn’t specify which components so I assume it was likely the manufacturing of the brass. 

I just find it hard to believe there is a large ammo manufacture here in Arizona I never heard of. There are a couple of lead bullet manufactures and a bullet mold factory here. There is/was a hand grenade manufacture south east of Phx I heard expanded to making other munitions after selling out to TRW. I’ve just never heard of any ammo maker here.